Advice Request Should I stop using Google Public DNS Service, or not?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
[…] At this day and age, everyone is so concerned about privacy that takes a step further for the definition of paranoid. […]

If that were the case, I'd be one happy camper. Nobody is concerned about their privacy online. Yet. The numbers of Facebook users et.al. paint a clear picture.

I do hope you don't lock your doors, shut your blinds or send off confidential mail on anything other than a postcard. Anything else would be just as "paranoid" really.

Since I do all these things, I apply the same due diligence to my online activities. I do not understand how these should be awarded a more light-hearted approach just because they're more abstract and less tangible. Potential leaks will influence my life just the same.

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
Goodevening All! I am kamo_jisan.

First of all, I want to tell everyone that thank you very much for your replies!

I will read all replies as soon as possible in my holiday, but now, I cannot read all replies enough because my ability to read/write English is poor a little. I want to understand the way from your replies enough for resolving my DNS issue, so I will read it next(or near the)day.

But now, I decided about DNS which I will use for connecting websites/Internet.
I am going to use Google Public DNS Service as before (as written first comment from me at this question-thread).
I judged that Google Public DNS Service is not having a heavy problem about privacy and safety.

Thank you very much for your replies, and giving me your answers!
この度は、書き込みを頂きありがとうございました:)!!

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
Google DNS is fine, if you are super paranoid you can run your own DNS it is actually easier than most would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.