Troubleshoot Should I turn access control off? (ROUTER)

V

viel

Thread author
Hi,
I am trying to harden the security of my router.

Access control is on and remote management is off.

Should I turn off Access Control? Please give me any other tips to secure my router.

The setting for Access control is:
Access control: ON
SETTING: Blacklist

Thanks.

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
RTFM and your friend Bing Google are excellent places to start learning this stuff.

Access Control (like MAC Filtering) allows you, as the administrator, to allow access to your network to only those computers you want to allow access. You do this either by the MAC address of the device, or the IP address (if static assigned). If only your devices will ever connect to your network, then may be smart to do. But if you have guests/friends connecting often, this can be a real pain. I just limit the number of devices allowed to connect at any one time and I use a very strong passphrase.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.