Troubleshoot Should i turn off Windows defender firewall?

uduoix

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
WD FW
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Nothing
As a title says should i turn off WD FW? I run ESET smart security and i just realize that WD FW is on. Microsoft say that we should leave FW ON even if we run 3rd party software. What do you guys think about that?

Reactions: Weebarra

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
IMO you have to turn it off.There is no point to keep two firewalls running in the same system,it will slow it.It's the same as you are running two antivirus together.

Reactions: Weebarra
Upvote 0

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
If you want you can just disable the firewall in the control panel, but never ever disable the firewall service, it is necessary to make Windows works correctly (updates, DNS service, Store).

Upvote 0

uduoix

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Here is screenshot, but is in slovenian language. As you see ESET FW is on and under is WD FW which is also on

Attachments

• fw.JPG
    fw.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 555
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.