Battle should i use an anti-ransomeware with bitdefender TS & voodooshield?

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
If some ransowmare manages to sneak past BD, then vodooshield will block it 100% or 99.999% and protect you. But this is assuming that you know what to allow and block when a voodooshield alert occurs after ransomware begins executing itself. Just my pov.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weebarra and Brie

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
bitdefender has anti exploit/anti ransomware by itself.
no anti-exploit in the home products, only in the enterprise products
FYI, Bitdefender failed to block the exploit of non-petya outbreak

according to many tests, ransomwares could still bypass BD antiransomware module and advanced threat control

to the OP: BD + voodooshield is enough
VS has post-exploit protection

MoriartyOW

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 8, 2018
no anti-exploit in the home products, only in the enterprise products
FYI, Bitdefender failed to block the exploit of non-petya outbreak

according to many tests, ransomwares could still bypass BD antiransomware module and advanced threat control

to the OP: BD + voodooshield is enough
VS has post-exploit protection
of course they cant protect you from all of the exploits/ransomwares.
its what they have said in their product information :
Protection
Complete Data Protection

Absolute power in the most efficient antivirus available today. Bitdefender Total Security 2018 works against all threats – from viruses, worms and Trojans, to ransomware, zero-day exploits, rootkits and spyware. Your data and your privacy are in good hands.

Reactions: Weebarra and Brie

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
of course they cant protect you from all of the exploits/ransomwares.
its what they have said in their product information :
Protection
Complete Data Protection

Absolute power in the most efficient antivirus available today. Bitdefender Total Security 2018 works against all threats – from viruses, worms and Trojans, to ransomware, zero-day exploits, rootkits and spyware. Your data and your privacy are in good hands.
Take special care on what @Evjl's Rain pointed out. BitDefender technology is great but it's still a 1st gen. antivirus software. So do not expect invulnerability, not from this nor form any software. Whatever is the case, if it gets to fail, if you really went that far enough as to deal with an advanced ransomware/exploit threat, VoodooShield should take care of you. Anything else you add to your security config is just overkilling your resources.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you don't know "How to PC", then yes.

On a serious note..
Every week similar questions are asked, but no one seems to take in any information, hence another one appears. Without offence, educate yourself before asking do I need 10 additional software to my existing 100 software. Inb4 - Next week someone will ask how to improve Anti-Phishing alongside their 10-layers of Anti-Phishing extensions.

If Windows is a huge dilemma switch to Linux, macOS or ChromeOS. @Lockdown

@Evjl's Rain Signatures can detect known exploits?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@Evjl's Rain Signatures can detect known exploits?
I don't think signatures can cover exploit. I think they need a separate module for that or add attack pattern in their BBs. Avast added an anti-exploit module just to fight against some MS office and eternalblue exploits

it is different in every vendor

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.