Level 2
Verified
Jul 8, 2015
Should I use MC Shield:

What exactly does it do?
What are the system requirements?
Is it worth using?

Thank you in advance :)
It Prevents your pc being infected by virus/worms spreading through removable devices i believe
It uses very low resources
I think it is worth using...but also depends on your actual setup ....Note:sorry bad english

Reactions: Jack

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
last updated 2014, aint stellar program. does its job. your choice.

Reactions: Jack

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
It didnt get updated for quite some time now, but its a great protection for USB Malwares :)

Im using it for years without issues now, killed a USB Virus for me already.

It works 90 percent through its heuristics, not via signatures.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
It Prevents your pc being infected by virus/worms spreading through removable devices i believe
It uses very low resources
I think it is worth using...but also depends on your actual setup ....Note:sorry bad english
Thank you for your help - I am going to give it a try :)

H

hjlbx

Thread author
It is good one to clean privacy-related files on system; it will not prevent privacy related items from being transmitted from system; McShield is meant mostly for clean-up to prevent others with direct access to your system - either direct or remote access. It is best to schedule clean-ups.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Inkurax: Well so far they are active on providing database signatures but not hourly which on my observation its like once a week.

The reason that the program is not already updated is since the overall program considered to be well stable and no bugs at numerous cases according to their forum support.

@Anti-Malware Reviewer: Yes as long you engage on plugging the USB on system. ;)

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Love it! Protected by system countless times!

Reactions: frogboy

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
The fact that MCShield wasn't updated for more than a year means that there is no need to update it. There are no new infections that could slip by MCShield undetected and all bugs are fixed, so simple there is no need to update the main application. As soon as something new shows up that would require new tech in MCShield, it would be updated 100%.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Suppose I should have been clearer: not being updated for some time wasn't a bad point, just an observation. McAfee SaaS for example ain't updated at the same rate as traditional home use AV solutions, but doesn't mean it doesn't do its job perfectly :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.