Should I use Shadow Defender with SpyShelter Firewall or Emsisoft Anti-Malware?

Should I use Shadow Defender with SpyShelter Firewall or Emsisoft Anti-Malware?

• Shadow Defender + SpyShelter Firewall

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Shadow Defender + Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
With Shadow Defender for everyday use, you have little to zero chance of persistent infection in your Pc. But an infostealer can communicate in your current session, then your real need is a good outbound firewall and a good backup plan.

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
From the website seem that Spyshelter Firewall work like firewall with in/out rules, if it do SD + Spyshelter look very well.

Reactions: Solarlynx and neon

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Both choices are missing something. The former is missing anti-exe, and the latter is missing AV. You will have to decide which of these you can live without, or come up with a different config.

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Both choices are missing something. The former is missing anti-exe, and the latter is missing AV. You will have to decide which of these you can live without, or come up with a different config.

any suggest different config ?

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
any suggest different config ?
Well, I see that you are on Windows 10. In that case, Windows Defender is a good AV for your case -- you don't need more than that, with your other security softs. So don't let people scare you off from Spyshelter Firewall. It gives a lot of protection

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
I forgot I don't plan to turn off Windows Defender :) maybe when Emisoft AM turn off only.

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I forgot I don't plan to turn off Windows Defender :) maybe when Emisoft AM turn off only.
So I think the spyshelter config is stronger, then.
Spyshelter is anti-exe, versus Emsisoft, which is BB.
Anti-exe is stronger than BB.

Reactions: harlan4096 and neon

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
BB that's mean ?
Behavior Blocker.
Emsisoft has good behavior blocking, meaning that it can analyse malware by its behavior, not just by its signature. Most AVs do this to a certain extent, but Emsisoft does it better than most.
Emsisoft has ant-exploit, too, but so does spyshelter, for that matter.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
SpyShelter is not used by very many people on this site, but @Lockdown seems to know it pretty well, and has said some good things about it.
I can say that it produces a lot of prompts, it is not cheap, the support is not super friendly, and it has its quirks... but after all is said and done, it is strong protection! No security soft that I have found yet is perfect.
Ask @Lockdown about SpS. I haven't used it recently.

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and neon

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.