Should I use use Update Assistant to get 1809?

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Finaly on 1809 with thanks to the upgrade assistent, all went smooth, just have to do another reboot because my AV wasn't active, WD was taking control.... after reboot all is fine.

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Finaly on 1809 with thanks to the upgrade assistent, all went smooth, … .

Mine went well also - but I pinpointed cause of Update Assistant error "no internet connection'. I had failed to allow Update Asst. in TinyWall - DUH! :eek: All the other steps I took to resolve were simply a waste of time. Live and learn. Otherwise, no issues.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Mine went well also - but I pinpointed cause of Update Assistant error "no internet connection'. I had failed to allow Update Asst. in TinyWall - DUH! :eek: All the other steps I took to resolve were simply a waste of time. Live and learn. Otherwise, no issues.
I am not sure about other protection layers, but I upgraded Windows 10 several times with active H_C protection without any issues (also to Windows ver. 1809).(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.