Advice Request Should you allow inbound connections for AvastSvc.exe?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
I'm using Comodo Firewall. It blocks AvastSvc.exe (C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe) from receiving inbound connections (in the logs both the source IP and destination IP are local IPs (192.168.0.*). Do I need to allow inbound connections for it, or is it unnecessary?

steel9

Reactions: Weebarra

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
Application rules > set avast to alloved application and it wont spam u

Same with the nvidia, chrome etc for me
I'm not bothered by many blocked connections in the logs, I just wonder if it's necessary to allow AvastSvc, if it does need inbound connections

Reactions: Weebarra

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Just try, block it, try to update the software and the database, if there is no issues, let it blocked; but personally i would let it connect.
Yeah personally i dont care that much about blocked connections as you will notice if something isnt working quite right, but allowing whole application will help or having hips off

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.