• Other (post in thread)

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
White Nobster said:
Umbra Corp. said:
i know for example that Biozfear or McLovin videos are neutral , just showing pros & cons of a products

That is an example of 2 of the members here I can trust

Edit:OOooooppps....I mean an example of 3....+Umbra

Some of our members here have much better video reviews than others but finding good video reviews that are not biased or done by someone who has professional quality is like trying to find a needle in a haystack when searching on Youtube and other sites. Fanboy reviews are the worst since they can be easily manipulated to promote their favorite products.

Users like myself don't have time to watch a bunch of video reviews to only find a few that are a bit useful. When only a few users were making video reviews it was much easier to find some that were helpful. Now it has got out of control, too many users with biased opinions, no experience or qualifications are making them. Since most video sites has no restrictions, any user can upload them no matter how bad or amateur they are. Just think of how bad it would be if any user could upload guides on how to perform brain surgery and medical students could use that info freely on test subjects. ;)

Enjoy!!:D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
XC5HA.gif

Malware Person

Level 4
Verified
Jun 8, 2016
most labs are not trustable, in my opinion. however, not all of them are. a small handful of them i do trust, like virusbulletin, for example. Even so, i don't take lab reports as my most important factor in choosing security products. i use my common sense and personal judgement

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Buy a product not only for its effectiveness, but as a company. I buy AV solutions based upon who the company is, where they are heading, and how they operate their business.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.