Not open for further replies.

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
If you like you can install Yandex browser instead of chrome.
It has a good DNS list from open DNS to Adguard.
You can change the dns only with one click also you can have 2 DNS at the same time(one for IPV 4 and one in browser) it's like double protection:notworthy:
I have DNS watch(DNSSEC) for IPV 4 and DNS crypt(CS Switzerland DNSCrypt server) for the browser.

Thanks for your advice but i don't like chrome also. But cannot remove it cause i need a seperate browser for my VPN.
I have simpledns crypt already installed. I use it when i don't have to download anything.

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Removed: VT Hash Check (temporarily)

Kaspersky has been detecting PDM.Exploit in this program, didn't want to take risks so removed it temporarily.

Updated: Additional Info

Last edited:

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Disabled: Kaspersky Anti-Exploit Protection (conflicting with HMP.A & too many alerts lately)

Added: VT Hash Check (back after disabling Kaspersky's AEP)
Added: EEK (for on-demand scans)

Removed: NPE (too many cashes, cannot use it properly)

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Removed: Wise Registry Cleaner (No need, kerish doctor is more than enough)
Replaced: Wise Folder Hider Pro -> Kaspersky Data Encryption (license expired)

I guess Office 2007 support ended, but still gonna use it empowered by HMP.A, so no need to worry about security just the bug-fixes i'm gonna miss (if there were any;)).
Lets see how it goes, might even replace it with OpenOffice or LibreOffice. Already using LibreOffice on my netbook so i am used to it.

Last edited:

yashiscool

Level 2
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
The configuration looks good to me but a few things that you might want to consider.
1) Not everything can be HTTPS, so I think you will need to use CFW tightly to scan every protocol accurately.
Also, I suggest to make use of CIS instead and take full advantage of the App Containment (Sandbox) and HIPS security features. On a timely basis, purge the firewall entries and the HIPS entries to ensure security.
2) I suggest to use a Disk encryption software. I personally prefer Bitlocker to be used. Pointsec or TrueCrypt are my second choices.
3) There is no mention about your router / modem in this config. Have you tightly configured your router too?
4) I would suggest using Keyscrambler to protect yourself from logging keystrokes.
5) I strongly suggest you upgrade your hardware.

Most importantly, no system is full proof but the way you use it can reduce the attacks on your system.

yashiscool

Level 2
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks for your advice but i don't like chrome also. But cannot remove it cause i need a seperate browser for my VPN.
I have simpledns crypt already installed. I use it when i don't have to download anything.
Yandex is used by the russian intelligence to track and gather sensitive information that you browse or type. I would suggest to know the background of the applications before using any of them. Many country agencies use free software (even paid in some cases) to hack or gather sensitive user information without the user's knowledge.

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
The configuration looks good to me but a few things that you might want to consider.
1) Not everything can be HTTPS, so I think you will need to use CFW tightly to scan every protocol accurately.
Also, I suggest to make use of CIS instead and take full advantage of the App Containment (Sandbox) and HIPS security features. On a timely basis, purge the firewall entries and the HIPS entries to ensure security.
2) I suggest to use a Disk encryption software. I personally prefer Bitlocker to be used. Pointsec or TrueCrypt are my second choices.
3) There is no mention about your router / modem in this config. Have you tightly configured your router too?
4) I would suggest using Keyscrambler to protect yourself from logging keystrokes.
5) I strongly suggest you upgrade your hardware.

Most importantly, no system is full proof but the way you use it can reduce the attacks on your system.

Did you even look at the config?

1) I am not using CFW. It was just a thought, which passed long ago.
2) I already use bitlocker & veracrypt.
3) Why?
4) I already have Kaspersky & HMP.A for keystrokes.
5) Why?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks for your reply. I agree, the price is high. I guess it was a silly thought, as free also does the same thing as paid.
You don't get rapid restore but that is basically a few more minutes every time you restore. It's manageable if you don't want to spend the money.

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Hello: What configuration do you have with APPCheck or what options have you played?

I removed appcheck & installed kaspersky again.
I installed appcheck on my netbook with VS Pro, Simplewall & HMP.A. On netbook, I have auto-back & auto-update disabled plus added some imp. folders to manual backup, that's it, everything else is default. Appcheck provides it's full protection in default mode itself. Only thing is, after registering pro, i had to enable MBR protection.

Last edited:

yashiscool

Level 2
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
Did you even look at the config?

1) I am not using CFW. It was just a thought, which passed long ago.
2) I already use bitlocker & veracrypt.
3) Why?
4) I already have Kaspersky & HMP.A for keystrokes.
5) Why?

I know that you don't use CFW but I suggest that you use it with tightened security.

Your router or modem also plays an important role when it comes to security. It is not always necessary to explore the exploits in your system through the internet. Many a times, a malware bug in your network may be doing it silently undetected. There can also be Zero-Day exploits in your router's firmware.

Regarding the hardware suggestion, to maintain the high security and performance, you need a proper high end processor and memory like Ci5 or more. Dude, Ci3 is becoming a thing of the past in the current world especially if you are a gamer or doing high-end computations. If you are good with it then all is fine.

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I know that you don't use CFW but I suggest that you use it with tightened security.

Your router or modem also plays an important role when it comes to security. It is not always necessary to explore the exploits in your system through the internet. Many a times, a malware bug in your network may be doing it silently undetected. There can also be Zero-Day exploits in your router's firmware.

Regarding the hardware suggestion, to maintain the high security and performance, you need a proper high end processor and memory like Ci5 or more. Dude, Ci3 is becoming a thing of the past in the current world especially if you are a gamer or doing high-end computations. If you are good with it then all is fine.

Thanks but if i were to use CFW, i will use the Auto-sandbox. IMO that is the only & most effective way in CFW.

Yes, i know. I have all the beginner & advanced security options set in the modem config page. That is all their is to do with modem.
About zero-day exploits in firmware, nothing can be done.

Yes, i will love to use Ci7 8th gen but i can't afford that, & even if i can, i don't plan on wasting all that money for browsing & watching movies. I don't play games on computer, i already have gaming console for that.

EDIT: I am all for security but i avoid paranoia too.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.