64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I participate by downloading malware samples into an isolated VM environment
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Appguard, Bitdefender Internet security
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Minor changes for Increased security
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    N/A
    Browsers and Extensions
    Chrome, Firefox, Edge
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Ublock origin
    Password Managers
  • Lastpass
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    N/A
    Data Backup
    Macrium reflect
    Frequency of Data backups
    Daily
    System Backup
    Macrium reflect
    Frequency of System backups
    Regularly

Problem is they hack the weak link and they get everyone's email that they use to spam again and again. I make rules to auto delete the usual spam but still some things slip by obviously. I personally get a lot of spam and phishing emails because they are old accounts and when you get in their list i doubt you ever get out.
    Facebook, social media, Monster.com and similar, etc - put your email address out there and spamming is inevitable. Eliminating or greatly reducing spam means living no online social media life, creating few accounts and changing email accounts until it basically stops. The alternative is just to use secondary email accounts for the purpose of general online web activity.

SHvFl

Level 35
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    I didn't know that WFC learning mode alerts for non-signed. That sounds good. I might give it a try again -- I got put off by all the alerts.
    I didn't know either. I stopped reading about the mode when i saw learning as the name. I assumed it allows everything which it was something that doesn't interest me. I actually made a suggestion to the developer to change the name few minutes ago. :p
    Today i was lucky and saw what the mode actually does.

SHvFl

Level 35
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Added:Rollback Rx Home

Went ahead and installed Rollback Rx Home edition to have a faster system restore when needed. Will keep doing the macrium reflect backups but will use them as secondary backups for now.
    To not have issues with updates i set windows through group policy to download but not install until i do it manually. Not 100% that the option is still valid but we will know for sure on next patch Tuesday.

Trooper

Level 6
    Verified
    Added:Rollback Rx Home

Went ahead and installed Rollback Rx Home edition to have a faster system restore when needed. Will keep doing the macrium reflect backups but will use them as secondary backups for now.
    To not have issues with updates i set windows through group policy to download but not install until i do it manually. Not 100% that the option is still valid but we will know for sure on next patch Tuesday.
    Let me know how that works for you. Been meaning to try it but have heard mixed reviews about it.

SHvFl

Level 35
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    I agree, the reason I don't like WFC is that it even uses more CPU and runs slower compared to CF while it's just an UI for WF with network monitor and some settings only available in the paid version
    On the other hand WFC is only $10 and without any bugs while simplewall has some small bugs. It was still worth it for me to switch but we will see if i stick to it or if not.

SHvFl

Level 35
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Nice config ( s ) brother! Well covered on all sides! Only one thing ; why do you have both the desktop version and the extension of adguard enabled?
    I use the extension for https filtering. I don't want adguard desktop to do it by replacing the sites certificate with their own.

Have you used Sphinx Windows 10 FC?
    Nope i haven't tried it.

XhenEd

Level 27
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Upgraded: Testing rehips alpha 2.3.0
    The major reason why I don't use/test ReHIPS now is it's not fully compatible with my touchpad driver with regards to sandboxing some application (i.e. Touchpad gestures wouldn't work). Because of this "incompatibility" my usage of ReHIPS would be limited to some applications and the use of the HIPS. :)