Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome, Firefox, Edge
Maintenance tools
N/A
File and Photo backup
Macrium reflect
System recovery
Macrium reflect

Problem is they hack the weak link and they get everyone's email that they use to spam again and again. I make rules to auto delete the usual spam but still some things slip by obviously. I personally get a lot of spam and phishing emails because they are old accounts and when you get in their list i doubt you ever get out.

Facebook, social media, Monster.com and similar, etc - put your email address out there and spamming is inevitable. Eliminating or greatly reducing spam means living no online social media life, creating few accounts and changing email accounts until it basically stops. The alternative is just to use secondary email accounts for the purpose of general online web activity.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I didn't know that WFC learning mode alerts for non-signed. That sounds good. I might give it a try again -- I got put off by all the alerts.
I didn't know either. I stopped reading about the mode when i saw learning as the name. I assumed it allows everything which it was something that doesn't interest me. I actually made a suggestion to the developer to change the name few minutes ago. :p
Today i was lucky and saw what the mode actually does.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Added:Rollback Rx Home

Went ahead and installed Rollback Rx Home edition to have a faster system restore when needed. Will keep doing the macrium reflect backups but will use them as secondary backups for now.
To not have issues with updates i set windows through group policy to download but not install until i do it manually. Not 100% that the option is still valid but we will know for sure on next patch Tuesday.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Added:Rollback Rx Home

Went ahead and installed Rollback Rx Home edition to have a faster system restore when needed. Will keep doing the macrium reflect backups but will use them as secondary backups for now.
To not have issues with updates i set windows through group policy to download but not install until i do it manually. Not 100% that the option is still valid but we will know for sure on next patch Tuesday.

Let me know how that works for you. Been meaning to try it but have heard mixed reviews about it.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
In what way is it lighter? Did WFC affect the speed of internet connections?
It uses too many cpu cycles when you have a lot of connections. In all honestly it uses a lot more cpu that simplefirewall for everything and i believe it's because it's manipulating windows firewall instead of just filtering like simplefirewall.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I agree, the reason I don't like WFC is that it even uses more CPU and runs slower compared to CF while it's just an UI for WF with network monitor and some settings only available in the paid version
On the other hand WFC is only $10 and without any bugs while simplewall has some small bugs. It was still worth it for me to switch but we will see if i stick to it or if not.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Nice config ( s ) brother! Well covered on all sides! Only one thing ; why do you have both the desktop version and the extension of adguard enabled?
I use the extension for https filtering. I don't want adguard desktop to do it by replacing the sites certificate with their own.

Have you used Sphinx Windows 10 FC?
Nope i haven't tried it.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Upgraded: Testing rehips alpha 2.3.0
The major reason why I don't use/test ReHIPS now is it's not fully compatible with my touchpad driver with regards to sandboxing some application (i.e. Touchpad gestures wouldn't work). Because of this "incompatibility" my usage of ReHIPS would be limited to some applications and the use of the HIPS. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.