Build
System Architecture
64-bit OS
Security Updates
Download Updates only - User interaction for installation
User Access Control
Always Notify
Firewall
3rd-party App using Windows Filtering Platform (WFP)
Device Security
Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
User Account
Administrator - User has complete control over the device
Recent Security Incidents
No malware or privacy issues
Malware Testing
Malware on a secure VM - Full Network and File isolation
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
Appguard, Secure folders, Windows defender
Custom Settings For Real-Time Protection
Custom - Minor changes for Increased Security
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
N/A
Browsers and Extensions
Chrome (Dark reader,Grammarly, Lastpass,SimpleUndoClose, uMatrix, Vanilla Cookie Manager), Firefox (2nd browser with private browsing)
Web Privacy
Airvpn
Password Manager
Lastpass
Web Search
Google
System Utilities
N/A
Data Backup
Windows file history
Frequency of Data backups
Always-on Sync
System Backup
Macrium reflect free
Frequency of System backups
Regularly
Computer Activity
Online banking
Browsing web and email
Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
Malware testing
Download files from different sources
Office and work related tasks
Video or photography editing
Computer Specifications
Hp Omen

SHvFl

Level 35
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
Full list of all current application installed on my main pc (green=free, orange=paid).

1. 7-zip
  2. Adguard
  3. Appguard
  4. Airvpn
  5. Dropbox
  6. Chrome
  7. Firefox
  8. Hashtab
  9. Macrium reflect free
  10. Mailbird
  11. Netspeed monitor
  12. Obs studio
  13. Potplayer
  14. Process explorer
  15. Qbittorrent
  16. Secure folders
  17. Sharex
  18. Slack for windows 10
  19. Speedcrunch
  20. Startisback++
  21. Stickies
  22. Sumatra
  23. Throttlestop
  24. Wps office
  25. Sphinx Windows Firewall Control

Last edited:

harlan4096

Staff member
Malware Hunter
Verified
@SHvFl:
  • Please specify the exact version of AppGuard and SEP. Maybe Your don't need AG with SEP in real-time protection.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free, HitMan.Pro Free and MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or/not only in cloud.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

SHvFl

Level 35
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
@SHvFl:
  • Please specify the exact version of AppGuard and SEP. Maybe Your don't need AG with SEP in real-time protection.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free, HitMan.Pro Free and MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or/not only in cloud.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:
I use appguard for guarded processes and not srp. Versions I am not mentioning because they keep changing plus I beta test appguard and don't want to spill the beans.
Malware removal tools are not only bad but also useless because if I get infected I will restore. I am not going to get infected though.
Windows file history is local backups that runs everytime the files change.

SHvFl

Level 35
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
That sounds interesting. You don't feel a need for SRP, or you have SEP specially configured to do the job? If the latter, I wouldn't mind hearing a little about that. :)
No, if I wanted srp and didn't have access to appguard i would have done it through windows. If I was in a more fancy mood I would go for applocker through windows enterprise. I am not investing much time in SEP as I will probably switch out of it soon.
Though as you can guess when new rehips version is out I will do srp with rehips as it will be easier and keep on appguard guarding processes.

shmu26

Level 80
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
No, if I wanted srp and didn't have access to appguard i would have done it through windows. If I was in a more fancy mood I would go for applocker through windows enterprise. I am not investing much time in SEP as I will probably switch out of it soon.
Though as you can guess when new rehips version is out I will do srp with rehips as it will be easier and keep on appguard guarding processes.
Any ETA on the new ReHIPS? Or even alpha or beta?