Always notify
Real-time security
Appguard, Secure folders, Windows defender
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
N/A
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome (Dark reader,Grammarly, Lastpass,SimpleUndoClose, uMatrix, Vanilla Cookie Manager), Firefox (2nd browser with private browsing)
Maintenance tools
N/A
File and Photo backup
Windows file history
System recovery
Macrium reflect free
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Downloading malware samples
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Hp Omen

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Full list of all current application installed on my main pc (green=free, orange=paid).

1. 7-zip
  2. Adguard
  3. Appguard
  4. Airvpn
  5. Dropbox
  6. Chrome
  7. Firefox
  8. Hashtab
  9. Macrium reflect free
  10. Mailbird
  11. Netspeed monitor
  12. Obs studio
  13. Potplayer
  14. Process explorer
  15. Qbittorrent
  16. Secure folders
  17. Sharex
  18. Slack for windows 10
  19. Speedcrunch
  20. Startisback++
  21. Stickies
  22. Sumatra
  23. Throttlestop
  24. Wps office
  25. Sphinx Windows Firewall Control

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@SHvFl:
  • Please specify the exact version of AppGuard and SEP. Maybe Your don't need AG with SEP in real-time protection.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free, HitMan.Pro Free and MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or/not only in cloud.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
@SHvFl:
  • Please specify the exact version of AppGuard and SEP. Maybe Your don't need AG with SEP in real-time protection.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free, HitMan.Pro Free and MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or/not only in cloud.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:
I use appguard for guarded processes and not srp. Versions I am not mentioning because they keep changing plus I beta test appguard and don't want to spill the beans.
Malware removal tools are not only bad but also useless because if I get infected I will restore. I am not going to get infected though.
Windows file history is local backups that runs everytime the files change.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
That sounds interesting. You don't feel a need for SRP, or you have SEP specially configured to do the job? If the latter, I wouldn't mind hearing a little about that. :)
No, if I wanted srp and didn't have access to appguard i would have done it through windows. If I was in a more fancy mood I would go for applocker through windows enterprise. I am not investing much time in SEP as I will probably switch out of it soon.
Though as you can guess when new rehips version is out I will do srp with rehips as it will be easier and keep on appguard guarding processes.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
No, if I wanted srp and didn't have access to appguard i would have done it through windows. If I was in a more fancy mood I would go for applocker through windows enterprise. I am not investing much time in SEP as I will probably switch out of it soon.
Though as you can guess when new rehips version is out I will do srp with rehips as it will be easier and keep on appguard guarding processes.
Any ETA on the new ReHIPS? Or even alpha or beta?

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
All layers of protection are secured. Thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.