Advanced Security SHvFl security configuration 2023

Last updated
Apr 15, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Standard
Device firewall
Custom security settings
Using @harlan4096 "hips" setup for Kaspersky
Periodic malware scanners
None
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Microsoft Edge (Res, Tampermonkey, Ublock origin)
Secure DNS
Cloudflare DNS over HTTPS
Desktop VPN
Yes
Password and passkey manager
Yes
Maintenance tools
None
File and photo backups
AOMEI backupper
System recovery
Restore from external backup
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Feedback preference

Only essential issues, please

Welcome back @SHvFl (y)
Which DNS, VPN and password manager do you use?
Don't feel comfortable giving that information. Basically, the dns is from the vpn company, the password manager is offline, and the distribution to other devices is managed by me.
I see that you use Paragon to make copies.
How does it work?
Same as every other backup tool, I guess. You schedule backups and they happen. You can restore from within windows or from a bootable usb. Not sure I get the question tbh.
 
Same as every other backup tool, I guess. You schedule backups and they happen. You can restore from within windows or from a bootable usb. Not sure I get the question tbh.

I ask because I used to have problems with it.
It made copies but I could not restore the system.
Maybe something has changed in the program since then.
 
I ask because I used to have problems with it.
It made copies but I could not restore the system.
Maybe something has changed in the program since then.
Yeah, maybe they fixed some stuff I am not sure. I restored several times without issues so either I am really lucky,or they fixed the issue you had.
No periodic scanners?

I don't have a reason to use one as my system doesn't change much. I only keep avast because it's light but in general I consider an antivirus my lowest level of protection. My protection mostly relies on safe habits and applocker blocking everything I don't already have on my pc.
 
Was bored and saw @harlan4096 Kaspersky "hips" setup and went ahead and tried it. It's a lot more user friendly than what I previously had but we will see if I find any downside of using it.

Also found a good deal a while back on AOMEI backuper and using that. It has winpe boot and I can restore without needing a usb to boot from.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top