Advanced Security SHvFl's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
May 3, 2026
Main use of this computer
For work or educational use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
No idea
Real-time protection
PC1: SentinelOne complete
PC2: GravityZone Small Business Security
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Hard_Configurator
Periodic malware scanners
None
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Edge, Firefox
Secure DNS
Control D
Desktop VPN
Airvpn
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden, KeepassXC
File and photo backups
Hasleo Backup, Onedrive
Subscriptions
    • Microsoft 365 Personal (1 TB)
System recovery
Hasleon backup
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
155h, 48gb ram, m2 ssd
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Forum Veteran
Require suggestions. Preferably an endpoint software that is not crowdstrike or defender. I need something light that also doesn't keep scanning the same folders every time I open them as I have folders that have thousands of files.
 
Last edited:
I guess You current using MD as main av.

Also, no Periodic malware scanners?
Yes, I use MD and it is making my life a living hell every time I open a huge folder. Yeah, I don't do periodic scanners as I see no reason because I will use it so irregular that any AV I use should add detection by then I I get infected by something serious.
Thanks. EDIT: Is it USA only as it asks for a phone number on registration and you can't put country code?
 
Require suggestions. Preferably an endpoint software that is not crowdstrike or defender. I need something light that also doesn't keep scanning the same folders every time I open them as I have folders that have thousands of files.
1. Elastic Defend
2. Kaspersky Endpoint Security/
3. ESET Protect+ Eset Inspect
Not recommended:
SentinelOne → heavy kernel hooks + aggressive monitoring
Palo Alto Cortex XDR → telemetry-heavy, not lightweight
Bitdefender GravityZone → notorious for repeated file scanning

If are interested in my 3 suggestions I will give u best buy link.
 
Yes, I use MD and it is making my life a living hell every time I open a huge folder. Yeah, I don't do periodic scanners as I see no reason because I will use it so irregular that any AV I use should add detection by then I I get infected by something serious.

Thanks. EDIT: Is it USA only as it asks for a phone number on registration and you can't put country code?
They sell regardless of region (I am from Poland)
 
3. ESET Protect+ Eset Inspect
Please do not recommend ESET's EDR/XDR solution (It is very noisy in its default configuration (EDR) and its effectiveness, unfortunately, does not compare to the top solutions on the market such as: SentinelOne, CrowdStrike, Cortex XDR (It is effective, but I am not a fan of this solution)
 
Please do not recommend ESET's EDR/XDR solution (It is very noisy in its default configuration (EDR) and its effectiveness, unfortunately, does not compare to the top solutions on the market such as: SentinelOne, CrowdStrike, Cortex XDR (It is effective, but I am not a fan of this solution)
Interesting I agree ESET is not very effective (that's the reason it is at 3rd place) but the user's priority is performance where it shines. I also do not like cortex xdr.
 
Interesting I agree ESET is not very effective (that's the reason it is at 3rd place) but the user's priority is performance where it shines. I also do not like cortex xdr.
Personally, I use SentinelOne to protect my home machines, and aside from making exceptions for my scripts written in Sapien Powershell Studio, I haven't had any problems, and the telemetry provided by this system is incredible. SentinelOne's EA channel has released version 26.1 (for Windows), and the agent is even lighter (although it was still very light compared to ESET, Cortex XDR, or BitDefender).
 
Personally, I use SentinelOne to protect my home machines, and aside from making exceptions for my scripts written in Sapien Powershell Studio, I haven't had any problems, and the telemetry provided by this system is incredible. SentinelOne's EA channel has released version 26.1 (for Windows), and the agent is even lighter (although it was still very light compared to ESET, Cortex XDR, or BitDefender).
I have had many false positives with SentinelOne in both personal and work environments in the past.
 
1. Elastic Defend
2. Kaspersky Endpoint Security/
3. ESET Protect+ Eset Inspect
Not recommended:
SentinelOne → heavy kernel hooks + aggressive monitoring
Palo Alto Cortex XDR → telemetry-heavy, not lightweight
Bitdefender GravityZone → notorious for repeated file scanning

If are interested in my 3 suggestions I will give u best buy link.
It's good that you haven't seen ArcticWolf considers the legal version of the game (The Last of US) to be Ransomware :D
 
Can you guys dm me a link of where to buy it from?
I tried to DM did not go thru... here's the info:

Cyberforce Security Marketplace

they have changed their webpage since I started DeepInstinct with them. IIRC they are located in Austin Texas USA. I think I pay about $40/year. DI is controled by a web portal, but I rarely have any reason to visit it. I have run DI solo and currently MS Defender is primary AV with DI secondary. DI has a webpage about using this way. I don't notice any slowdown.


Kongo uses it too, and iirc he is in EU, I think he gets in EU or in UK but not sure about that.
 
All free - Windows Defender (primary AV) HiSec Endpoint (EDR) Cybee AI (MDR) Elastic Security (telemetry). Elastic Security has free EDR if you want to move Windows Defender over to a passive scanner mode. If you want to go paid, Gravity Zone For Workstations can provide near EDR protection.
 
Got another computer which basically is a mirror with only difference being the Antivirus. Also replaced NVT OSArmor with Hard Configurator. Will only go back to OSarmor if cpu usage at least halves in a new version.
PC1: SentinelOne complete + Hard Configurator
PC2: GravityZone Small Business Security + Hard Configurator
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top