Sid_16 PC Security Configuration.

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Hello all, I'm Siddhartha and this is my PC Security configuration and I need some expert advice if my Pc security configuration is good or need some other setting for better security.
thanks and regards,
sid_16

Update;
Yesterday I changed my AV from ESET SS7 to Emisoft internet security packs that include antimalware and online armor and other software/s remained the same (like superantispyware and zemana antikeylogger).

I've not changed the settings of the online armor and EAM yet and all set up is its default state.

Shall I need to install another antivirus program along with EAM and Online Armor or leave it as it is?

Is the Emisoft internet security a complete pack only with a firewall and antimalware?

Update; 28.01.2016
I'm currently using ESET Smart Security 9 as my real time protection.
AppGuard
Novirus Thanks EXE Radar Pro
SpyShelter Premium
Malwarebyte Antimalware Premium
Malwarebyte Antiexploit Premium
Sandboxie
Shadow Defender
Adguard premium
Sticky Password Manager Premium

Do I need anything else in my PC?

-----------
There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking. Alfred Korzybski

Last edited:
Reactions: Exterminator

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
ESET's Firewall turns off Windows Firewall by default, did you turn it on manually?

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
BoraMurdar said:
ESET's Firewall turns off Windows Firewall by default, did you turn it on manually?

Sorry! I can't edit my 1st. post (bold part).
Yes, ESET has turned the windows firewall off and I can't turn it on by my self.;)

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Web Browser: Google Chrome,Firefox and I.E
tgqekm8fbl.gif

Why so many?

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Petrovic said:
Web Browser: Google Chrome,Firefox and I.E
tgqekm8fbl.gif

Why so many?

Windows has IE by default and I added two more but mostly I use Firefox but when checking Gmail I use Google chrome 'cos I was getting 'this connection is untrusted...view technical details- -get me out from here' sign very now and then, whenever I visit a Google site in Firefox browser.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
No Seamonkey?

(I love Seamonkey)

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Running more than one real time antivirus will have conflicts (unless you are running a 12 engine quartet AVs on Chuck Norris's system :p) that is why may be you had problems with your system sticking to welcome screen.

If you are using ESET smart security, then it has a firewall, make sure either the windows or the ESET's firewall is only turned on, i don't think using two firewall together is safe. If you are using ESET nod32 (as per your previous thread) then it has only the Antivirus component and you will be better if you turn on the windows firewall.

Try to figure out the problem in chrome or you can ask for help by making a new thread in proper section, because though firefox is good but i personally feel that chrome's web based malware protection is rather much better.

You should add something for Backup.

Otherwise stated, you system configuration seems good and keep reading the forum's posts for enhancing your knowledge.

Note : you from India ??

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can modify your first post, by choosing Edit > Full Edit, then remember to click 'Update Post' to save changes.

Tip: Avoid using Quick Edit if you wish to change a field.

sid_16 said:

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
madyrocksin said:
Running more than one real time antivirus will have conflicts (unless you are running a 12 engine quartet AVs on Chuck Norris's system :p) that is why may be you had problems with your system sticking to welcome screen.

If you are using ESET smart security, then it has a firewall, make sure either the windows or the ESET's firewall is only turned on, i don't think using two firewall together is safe. If you are using ESET nod32 (as per your previous thread) then it has only the Antivirus component and you will be better if you turn on the windows firewall.

Try to figure out the problem in chrome or you can ask for help by making a new thread in proper section, because though firefox is good but i personally feel that chrome's web based malware protection is rather much better.

You should add something for Backup.

Otherwise stated, you system configuration seems good and keep reading the forum's posts for enhancing your knowledge.

Note : you from India ??

That was the reply made to Mr Petrovic's question 'why so many browser?'
Actually I had two browser installed from the beginning but the problem started after installing ESET SS 6 , when I manually changed some ESET SS6 advance setting seeing the tutorial/guide from this forum.

Perhaps the thread name is 'how to set eset ss6 to maximum protection'. Few days after the setting was done to eset ss6 then something went wrong, I got massage "An attempt to add root certificate to all known browsers to your computer failed". Then I uninstalled and reinstalled both Firefox and ESET SS6 and added Google chrome to my system.

Yes, later I came to realize that eset ss6 and mbam pro are incompatible, so I uninstalled mbam and run only eset.
Yes, I'm from India. are you?

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Earth said:
You can modify your first post, by choosing Edit > Full Edit, then remember to click 'Update Post' to save changes.

Tip: Avoid using Quick Edit if you wish to change a field.

sid_16 said:

Thank you sir, I'll remember that.
regards,
sid_16.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
@Sid
"but mostly I use Firefox but when checking Gmail I use Google chrome 'cos I was getting 'this connection is untrusted...view technical details- -get me out from here' sign very now and then"
Sidhartha ji, this is because "HTTPS Everywhere" as i feel this problem too,may be in your case too.
So try remove "HTTPS Everywhere" from firefox and reboot pc and see if problem persist.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you attempt to undo any changes made in ESET's Advanced Settings?
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-To-Set-ESET-Smart-Security-for-Max-Protection

sid_16 said:
when I manually changed some ESET SS6 advance setting seeing the tutorial/guide from this forum.

Perhaps the thread name is 'how to set eset ss6 to maximum protection'.

Few days after the setting was done to eset ss6 then something went wrong, I got massage "An attempt to add root certificate to all known browsers to your computer failed". Then I uninstalled and reinstalled both Firefox and ESET SS6 and added Google chrome to my system.

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
MalwareVirus said:
Sidhartha ji, this is because "HTTPS Everywhere" as i feel this problem too,may be in your case too.
So try remove "HTTPS Everywhere" from firefox and reboot pc and see if problem persist.

Sorry to say that I didn't install HTTP Everywhere in Firefox but in Google chrome. Firefox was installed with adblock, Do not track me, and bitdefender traffic light only, before visiting this board.

I added HTTP Everywhere in Google chrome after reading some thread and guide from here.
thanks and regards,
sid_16.

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Earth said:
Did you attempt to undo any changes made in ESET's Advanced Settings?
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-To-Set-ESET-Smart-Security-for-Max-Protection

Sir, when I installed eset ss6 just 2 months back all the setting was in default and everything was fine with firefox but I made some change in IDS and firewall's advance setting after gone through the guide in exactly that link.

thanks,
sid_16.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Ok well i have this same problem too but i face this situation in two case
1.)HTTP Everywhere(firefox)
2.)My laptop time is wrong

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Sir, I've added three new programs to my system.
1> Winpatrol free
2> Sticky password pro (from a giveaway)
3> Superantispyware pro. (from a friend)

Shall I continue with all these programs or uninstall superantispyware and use it as an on demand scan?
How to use winpatrol free?
thanks and regards,
sid_16.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking. - Alfred Korzybski

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Update;
Yesterday, I changed my AV from ESET SS7 to Emisoft internet security packs that include antimalware and online armor (won from a giveaway) and other software/s remained the same (like superantispyware pro and zemana antikeylogger).

I've not changed the settings of the online armor and EAM yet and all set up is its default state.

Shall I need to install another antivirus program along with EAM and Online Armor or leave it as it is?

An expert advice on my updates will highly be appreciated!
thanks,
sid_16.

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

Update;
Yesterday, I changed my AV from ESET SS7 to Emisoft internet security packs that include antimalware and online armor (won from a giveaway) and other software/s remained the same (like superantispyware pro and zemana antikeylogger).

remove SAS & Zemana, Emsi pack does the same better

http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-...pack-for-max-protection-paranoid-style.12447/

no need, maybe HMP or MBAM for tighten your system a bit more

Reactions: sid_16

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Are EAM and MBAM Pro compatible? I mean keeping two antimalware in a system would not make any conflict in system performance ? Just a layman's question.
thank you very much for your help,
sid_16.

D

Deleted member 178

Are EAM and MBAM Pro compatible? I mean keeping two antimalware in a system would not make any conflict in system performance ? Just a layman's question.
thank you very much for your help,
sid_16.

that is where EAM is awesome , it can be used as a companion AV as well for MBAM, so both will never conflict to each other

Reactions: sid_16

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.