Thread author
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Win10x64, Edge Browser
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Lots of web searching
How do I stop these infernal login prompts when I browse?

0KQWV0p.png

This often appears on sites that I have no account, Google or otherwise. This happens far too frequently.

I use Adguard Home, but I haven't run across a filter that handles this. Thanks!

Reactions: Jack
Solution

0KQWV0p.png

This often appears on sites that I have no account, Google or otherwise. This happens far too frequently.

I use Adguard Home, but I haven't run across a filter that handles this. Thanks!

Hello @Telos,

I've seen this type of pop-up before but now I cannot find a site that shows this, try this and see if it will stop it:
Go to https://myaccount.google.com/permissions and uncheck "Google Account sign-in prompts".

1.jpg

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015

0KQWV0p.png

Looks like a browser hijack + phishing, run adwcleaner and mbam.

• Wow
  • HaHa
Reactions: Jack and codswollip
Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

0KQWV0p.png

Hello @Telos,

I've seen this type of pop-up before but now I cannot find a site that shows this, try this and see if it will stop it:
Go to https://myaccount.google.com/permissions and uncheck "Google Account sign-in prompts".

1.jpg

Upvote 0
Solution

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.