Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If Microsoft Store provided a wider range of devices would you buy from them instead of other sites and manufacturers, based on availability and price?

For example: "MSI GS60 Ghost Pro - Signature Edition"
Buy MSI GS60 Ghost Pro-002 Signature Edition Gaming Laptop - Microsoft Store

upload_2016-4-22_0-12-59.png

Learn more: Best Signature Edition PCs: Fastest, Safest Computers - Microsoft Store

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I voted no, and not to hate on MS, but I buy from DigitalStorm and MS does not offer systems on a level like whats available from DigitalStorm.
Maybe in the future, but not at present.
PeAcE

Reactions: upnorth and frogboy

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Voted for other, just keeping the options open considering prices, discounts, shipping, custom build or factory build needs. I would not mind checking out MS and multiple others for a good bargain.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I voted NO! unchecky and adwcleaner does the same thing and they are freeware :)

Reactions: upnorth

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No junkware or any trial then not an issue for me. ;)

However the next two description is yet contrary, considering that its picks may not appreciate by the user. Also some users prefer to purchase laptop without built OS for cheaper.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I voted no as i am capable of getting rid of any bloatware pre-installed i think. ;)

D

Deleted member 178

If it just to be free from bloatware, i would not buy, better a clean install; but if all the parameters, drivers, services, processes are optimized, i would say yes.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I voted NO! unchecky and adwcleaner does the same thing and they are freeware :)
Did you even bother reading the provided links? And what good is Unchecky and AdwCleaner on a PC with pre-installed bloatware? Nothing, not all preinstalled crap is adware/pup.

Clean
Forget about any pre-installed bloatware that slows down your PC.
Fast
From startup to shut down, Signature PCs are the fastest around.
Protected
Signature PCs come with Windows Defender—no annual contracts and free updates. Non-Signature PCs come with trials that can cost hundreds of dollars over the lifetime of your PC.​

Every Signature Edition PC meets Windows hardware certification requirements:

Keyboard Quality
We measure and check keyboard design quality, keycap travel and usability.
Touchpad Sensitivity
We spend time hands-on with each model of touchpad to check design quality. In addition to hands-on testing, we have robotic equipment for measuring touchpad quality.
Pixel Brightness
We verify the screen resolution and brightness for every model to ensure it meets the highest standards.
Hardware component verification
If necessary, we disassemble PC models to validate the accuracy of published specifications to ensure the device meets the advertised specifications.
Other Characteristics
The Signature team checks additional areas as needed – for power, heat dissipation, sound, weight, and other design characteristics. We also measure overall PC performance.​

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
The 'Signature Edition PC' is like a clean Windows Install. About the Unchecky and AdwCleaner, will protect you from "real" bloatware. There are more and more apps that install PUP/RiskWare on updates. About the "pre-installed bloatware", have you seen any of that ?

If you already have some "CrapWare" AdwCleaner will fix it. The idea behind is the same as with pre-installed OS on a laptop or PC. Everything works well and it's optimized but you can't install another OS, if you will update the "optimization" is gone.

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I want to clarify something.
If we are talking about a laptop then if the price is good i want mind buying from MS.
But if we are talking for desktop i would like to build my system the way i want.
About the example yes i would bought the MSI laptop from MS store because the price is very good.
In my country the same laptop costs 1999 euros.
Voted other.

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.