Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
@henrypp
Using the app for a week or something now. Miles lighter than some of the competitors and pretty solid. Had it freeze on me once so please tell me how to log stuff so i can give you info to fix it.
Also saw that you added signature checking so hopefully you will give us an auto allow signed software setting in the near future. My biggest issue is the gui image though which looks so pixelated that i had to hide it from taskbar to be able to continue using the application without getting crazy. Please use a high definition fire image if possible.
Btw sometimes notifications don't stay for 10 seconds and just close instantly. Any idea why that is happening?

Thanks.

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Pre-release: v.2.0.7b
Release v.2.0.7b · henrypp/simplewall · GitHub
  • added count marks for all groups
  • added font selection for listview
  • prefer "blocklist_full.xml" parsing if it's presented
  • improved signatures checking
  • optimized listview redraw items
  • optimized listview autosizing columns
  • disable retrieving icon handle for network paths for notification dialog
  • changed default listview colors
  • optimized loading speed
  • code cleanup
  • fixed ui hanging in some cases
  • fixed bugs

Last edited:

henrypp

Level 1
Verified
Aug 24, 2017
My biggest issue is the gui image though which looks so pixelated that i had to hide it from taskbar to be able to continue using the application without getting crazy. Please use a high definition fire image if possible.
Now using small icon because of i am cannot find the relevant, classic, icon in high-resolution.
All i find in internet is BS~ and i cannot draw logo because of i do not know how.
If someone can suggest logo, in style using now and with high-resolution, you are welcome.

Had it freeze on me once so please tell me how to log stuff so i can give you info to fix it.
This is internal imperfection, but i am think it can be improved this inconvenience in near releases.

Btw sometimes notifications don't stay for 10 seconds and just close instantly. Any idea why that is happening?
Bug, i am correct that before releases final build.

Also saw that you added signature checking so hopefully you will give us an auto allow signed software setting in the near future.
I am do not know, sorry ;(

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

Mr.X

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
New beta:
simplewall v2.0.8b (21 September 2017)
simplewall
Download
Changelog
sha256 checksum

• new logo
  • changed minimal size of main window
  • updated notification ui
  • updated icons pack
  • updated blocklist
  • fixed font quality (use cleartype ever)
  • fixed notifications sound
  • fixed bugs
PS: new logo increase binary size by 113kb, but i think it worth it!)

Mr.X

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
@henrypp

New icons look cute lol, except one, guess is one of the old ones:
sw.png

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
So it's better than similar tools like glass wire:notworthy: because of Glasswire cant.
I haven't tried the pro glasswire and never will because that thing cost half a leg. Try it and see yourself because it only takes 10 seconds to get it running.

Should I use the beta version or stick with stable one.
Beta.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.