Sinpecsvdv's favorite options for security

sinpecsvdv

Thread author
Dec 31, 2015
I am very basic to computer, just use any softwares that exist on the web..I like testing and comparing which one should be better for my laptop.. but of course, not sure how much they will affect my laptop when installing and using together... Thanks.

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

use a VM if you play with malwares

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Fine configuration

Well for your guidance on surfing you may use Sandboxie on that part.

Meanwhile you may add another backup browser just in case of trouble alongside of having adblocker like Ublock Origin or Adguard extension.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello, on your configuration you have stated that your last malware infection was less than one month ago and your Computer Knowledge is basic, I have looked at your configuration, the programs below should work with your current software, due to this I recommend you install or consider the following:
1.) Add Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free to prevent most exploits: https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae_current/
2.) Add Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free as an on-demand scanner, run scans once a week or so: Thank you for downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
3.) Add HitmanPro as an on-demand scanner, it has fast scan times so if you wish do a scan every day: http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro.exe
4.) Windows Defender is not a very good option for an antivirus, it's detection is rather low but keep it up-to date and scan with the above, you should be fine.
5.) Add Sandboxie, use it to sandbox your web browser and files you're not sure about: http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall.exe
6.) Try to enter giveaways for companion antiviruses which will work with WD, such as Zemana or Malwarebytes...

Hope this helps :)

Regards,
AMR
Anti-Malware Reviewer

Reactions: Der.Reisende

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
You do need to choose a password manager which will generate and store for you long passwords, like 20 characters.

I suggest you ditch Windows Defender, after researching your options. You can get excellent free protection with Qihoo 360 or Panda. Not up to their level but good are the three As: Avast, Avira, and AVG. If you want to get the best possible protection with a paid AV, note that they all allow a one-month free trial. You should never buy one before trialing it first. There are many giveaways of even the best paid AVs, sometimes for three months, sometimes for six months, and often for a full year, so you can be on the lookout. Another way you can gain acquaintance with the big boys in AV security is that most of them offer on their websites free on-demand scanners and removal tools that use the same signatures as their actual anti-viruses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Der.Reisende

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You might consider a free AV option.However with Windows built in security and browsing in a sandbox you would be fine.
Definitely consider a VM if playing with malware or just a VM period

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.