Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey guys,
I'll start this thread so that you may report if you encounter any errors while using this site.
When reporting an error please try to be as specific as possible, and if possible, please add a screenshot.

Error code, the time when it happened, what page were you viewing and other similar details are always helpful.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
When a link appears just under the FOURMS/NEWS/TUTORIALS... header bar in this forum, it is inactive. For example... Click on the MalwareTips logo at the top right to open the home page. Then scroll down a little just until the blue horizontal bar disappears (I'm using MalwaretipsMidnight on Chrome 64) and the words "Latest Posts" and "New Threads" a partly visible.

When I do that that neither of the first links under Latest Posts and New Threads is active.

This is quite frustrating as when I see a link near the top of the page, I must scroll back up to access it.

Reactions: given

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Is the website in trouble today? I'm noticing a super slowness and sometimes the error on the page.. Capturar.PNG Capturard.PNG

Reactions: Vasudev and given

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Is the website in trouble today? I'm noticing a super slowness and sometimes the error on the page..View attachment 178840 View attachment 178841
Thank you for the report, I'll check what's going on. A server restart may be need it.
When a link appears just under the FOURMS/NEWS/TUTORIALS... header bar in this forum, it is inactive. For example... Click on the MalwareTips logo at the top right to open the home page. Then scroll down a little just until the blue horizontal bar disappears (I'm using MalwaretipsMidnight on Chrome 64) and the words "Latest Posts" and "New Threads" a partly visible.

When I do that that neither of the first links under Latest Posts and New Threads is active.

This is quite frustrating as when I see a link near the top of the page, I must scroll back up to access it.
Thank you for the feedback, I'll see what can be done to fix this.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Jack, the site is almost impossible to navigate to me today, very slow and sometimes does not load..

*edit: now it's all right.

*It goes back and forth, it gets good by the time and then it returns the problems..
Screenshot of malwaretips.com _ 520_ Web server is returning an unknown error.png

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Jack, the site is almost impossible to navigate to me today, very slow and sometimes does not load..

*edit: now it's all right.

*It goes back and forth, it gets good by the time and then it returns the problems..
View attachment 179199
Hey,
It was an issue caused by Cloudflare, I've talked to them and should be fine now. Let me know if you experience any other issues!

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Thank you for the feedback, I'll see what can be done to fix this.
Here's a screengrab to illustrate...
2018-02-01_18h49_53.png
The topic "No virusthanks beta where can be downloaded?" link is inactive (the one below it is fine). FWIW, the "l0rdraiden" link to the right is active.

Reactions: given and Danielx64

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here's a screengrab to illustrate...
View attachment 179233
The topic "No virusthanks beta where can be downloaded?" link is inactive (the one below it is fine). FWIW, the "l0rdraiden" link to the right is active.
Hmm, I cannot reproduce this. However it looks like the responsive design didn't work for your device, normally the avatar and other icons should be in the top bar.
123.jpg
If you refresh the page that doesn't fix the issues? Does this happen for all the pages ?

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Hmm, I cannot reproduce this. However it looks like the responsive design didn't work for your device, normally the avatar and other icons should be in the top bar.
When I'm in a thread my avatar and icons stay with the top bar, but when I'm looking at posts in a forum, they float down a bit as I scroll the page.
If you refresh the page that doesn't fix the issues? Does this happen for all the pages ?
It happens everywhere on this site. Refresh has no effect. I'll change my default stylesheet and see if things revert to "normal"... though I like the Midnight style quite much.

EDIT1: Changed over to style Dark 6120... no problems there. Swapped back to Midnight and things went odd again. Dark 6120 works for me, so I'll stay with that.

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Cannot colour text anymore?
This issue has come up just today.

Unbenannt.PNGUnbenannt2.PNG

System Information can be taken from the screenshots // Cent Browser version 3.4.3.39 (Official Build) (64-Bit) (Chromium 66.0.3359.181) .
Did log out and log back in, nothing changes.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.