By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Right now, I'm using the page refresh every time the loading bar starts moving. Usually afterward I can post and react unobstructed. Usually, not always.

Also Firefox 94.0.1. I've disabled a custom rule in uBlock Origin pertaining to the push notifications bar (using the element picker to create a custom rule). Doing that and everything loads instantly. Can someone else please confirm this? Haven't tested this extensively because, well, I don't want to. :D

Here's the rule in uBO. Also, it took about a minute to upload this tiny image versus instantly in Edge. :unsure:

mt ubo rule.png

Honestly, I'd rather train myself to use Edge for this site rather than eliminating this rule. Any chance of having things the way they were prior to Firefox 94.0.1 again?

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Right now, I'm using the page refresh every time the loading bar starts moving. Usually afterward I can post and react unobstructed. Usually, not always.

Also Firefox 94.0.1. I've disabled a custom rule in uBlock Origin pertaining to the push notifications bar (using the element picker to create a custom rule). Doing that and everything loads instantly. Can someone else please confirm this? Haven't tested this extensively because, well, I don't want to. :D

Here's the rule in uBO. Also, it took about a minute to upload this tiny image versus instantly in Edge. :unsure:

View attachment 261957

Honestly, I'd rather train myself to use Edge for this site rather than eliminating this rule. Any chance of having things the way they were prior to Firefox 94.0.1 again?
On my system using FF94.0.1 and even with no extension running UBO completely disabled. I saw no difference in regards to the issues I was
experiencing.

Im running FF93 along side 94.0.1. By install 93 to a separate install folder(Firefox 93) and preventing it from updating.
Has the first thing it wanted to do is upgrade to 94. According to @silversurfer seems the issues are still there with FF 95 beta.

Yes I am aware of security concerns about running an outdated browser and that all my pics will be plastered
all of the interwebs and @Freud2004 will laugh at me.

I am on the Techpowerup forum which seems to have the same progress bar this site has but there is no issues there in FF94
@plat1098 are you experiencing issues on any other sites/forums besides here on MT?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
@The_King

Tried TechPowerUp just to see if reactions would register and they do, instantly. I even invoked a similar custom rule as here at MT using the uBO Element Picker to get rid of the Push Notifications bar at the bottom and afterward had no problems.

Isofar as running an older browser version, hey, it works. I installed v. 93 also--briefly, to test. Back to v. 94.0.1 and adapting by hitting the "refresh" circular arrow top left. It's an extra step and it's not always successful but it cuts down on the annoyance of that loading thing swooping across the top seemingly nonstop.

Thanks for confirming the Firefox loading problems. Edit: had to switch to Edge just now to add some text, it just wasn't happening in Firefox just now. Hope this gets sorted soon. :mad::coffee:

Edit: Tried disabling Fission just now in about:config, and it doesn't help.

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Can we have an option to hide all this,
View attachment 262055
This is a simple case of less is more, one needs to scroll down to actually reach the Community.

The fact more and more of this blocks keep being added everywhere is concerning.
Indeed. Some users may use those links but I only use "New Posts" (next to "Post Thread") or scroll, scroll, scroll to the forum of my choice.

OR, I suggest two options:

1. only show the category link itself for all categories like the "New Posts" link in top right corner (next to "Post Thread") and scrap entirely "Latest Activity", or
  2. only show the "New Posts" and "New Threads" categories (with the preview top 3) as we have now, only the title links for "Popular", "Engaging" and "Hottest" and scrap entirely "Latest Activity".

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Can we have an option to hide all this,
View attachment 262055
This is a simple case of less is more, one needs to scroll down to actually reach the Community.

The fact more and more of this blocks keep being added everywhere is concerning.

You may like to use your Adblocker to hide what you don't need... works well with Adguard for Windows or even with browser extensions...

test.png

L

Local Host

You may like to use your Adblocker to hide what you don't need... works well with Adguard for Windows or even with browser extensions...

View attachment 262069
I already do it with custom styles, but I don't like the direction the community going with those boxes, hence the feedback.

@oldschool suggestion is on point too.

This is a much more clean layout,
1637320392795.png

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Whoa, my compliments. At this specific date and time 11/19/2021 and 7:50 pm Eastern Daylight time--this forum looks immaculate. Personally, I am so glad to see the boxes with the arrows where you click thru to find Engaging Threads, Popular Threads , etc GONE. They just looked unkempt and out of place, in my opinion.

I think the tabs with the various headings is enough to find what you're looking for. Looks very sleek and polished. Hopefully, further progress to this site follows along these clean lines. (y)

Edit: oops, those boxes with the click thru arrows are back. Oh well. 😒

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.