New Update Skiff is shutting down [U: Acquired by Notion]

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
...Boom...

Wow, thanks. Well I'm not interested in free service's, prefer FOSS products, must have a Linux desktop client and at least some sort of recent audit trail. Should cut the list a bit.

I'll checkout the products you mentioned. Really the only one that interest's me is Swisscows, but I am a little suspicious abouit their 'ethics' stand on search-engine moderation. I mean, I understand it, but who's ethics...? A little too 'Big Brother' for mine...

Also, the ability to pay with Monero with zero KYC is a nice feature with Tuta. Tuta is the only one I can find. Proton run a .onion portal, but its still heavily KYC and only accepts USD, CHF or EUR via CC.
I didn't think of it before as the web page still looks like it's 2005 but Countermail is still around. They accept bitcoin. Trilightzone is still around too. They accept several cryptos and I had a VPN subscription with them which I rate better than most. Countermail and Trilightzone are both about $50/y.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I didn't think of it before as the web page still looks like it's 2005 but Countermail is still around. They accept bitcoin. Trilightzone is still around too. They accept several cryptos and I had a VPN subscription with them which I rate better than most. Countermail and Trilightzone are both about $50/y.
Countermail is a OG provider and I still rate it. I remember back in the naughties when Countermail and Mullvad first appeared, SWE services providers were all the rage, everything changes though. The problem back in the day, Countermail forced users to use Java Plugin to access the webmail. Now it's different but you can't even get a free account without an invite code and even with an invite code you get 7 day trial unless you pay.

Out of all those listed I would rate Tuta.com #1, Posteo.de #2 and Riseup.net #3.

Muzz it doesn't matter what email provider you use if you use PGP to encrypt email you won't have a problem and could use Gmail for email duties. Problem is 99% of people do not use PGP and couldn't use it correctly if they tried (including myself! at times I struggled with it in the past) . But you probably know this already! I would avoid services that force you to provide your private key to encrypt and decrypt email/messages. But that's just me. Chain of trust is easier with yourself only having access to private key's rather than multiple people/services, BUT and it's a big but you never know what exploits/vuln's/side channel exploits/breaches are discovered in the future so take care.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Cheers ZK,

It's as much about keeping my stuff out of Australia(5 Eyes) as anything. Any really private stuff I can(never had the need to) use TOR based things or Session I guess.

I have a couple of private domains as well, so the ability host those mail service's as part of my subs is a bonus.

I'm also looking for stability and a long-term vision.

Reactions: Cleo

Pixelman

Level 4
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
It looks too good to be true.
comedy central adam demamp GIF by Workaholics
Well, this aged well.

• HaHa
Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.