Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Nice security config here! Shadow Defender is great - I use this as well.

I'm a big fan of using VMware Workstation Pro version 14 with Shadow Defender to test certain programs and keep my actual physical machine 100% locked down or airtight.

As with JM Security, I feel as though you have a very secure config. Maybe you can add one additional on-demand scanner such as EEK, but that may be a bit 'overkill'. However, I would recommend for added internet privacy/security that you add a VPN into your security mix. I would recommend Windscribe as it is highly sophisticated and keeps your true IP from leaking.

~Lightning_Brian

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
@SKOGSDOTTER your welcome!

Here is a link to what I am talking about: Windscribe - Free VPN and Ad Block

It does beat out nearly every VPN provider out there: Compare Windscribe With Other VPNs - Windscribe

Best place to buy it for a lifetime access: Windscribe VPN: Lifetime Pro Subscription | StackSocial

Let me know if you have any questions that I can answer about Windscribe! Windscribe and PIA are about the two top VPNs that I would recommend to anyone. Windscribe does have a leg up on PIA though. Private Internet Access vs Windscribe Feature Comparison - Windscribe

If your interested in this VPN let me know I may be able to help with a coupon/additional discount. Feel free to PM me.

~Lightning_Brian

a1nn

Level 2
Verified
Jun 5, 2017
Looks good! Nothing else to add, except adding another second-opinion scanner (such as EEK or MBAM). Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: SKOGSDOTTER

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
Do you have web filtering enabled in Bitdefender (to prevent malicious and phishing sites)? Heimdal support said that you should disable all other traffic filtering (for example in your AV) on your computer if you have Heimdal Pro to prevent conflicts, which is why I don't use Heimdal Pro, because I want my AV web filtering.

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

"Password Manager: Memory "
What a Great Memory.I can't Remember all of my 52 Passwords. Congratulation ! ;)

Reactions: harlan4096

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Thank you @Exterminator and @iapyx !

Added :
- PopUpBlocker (strict) on Firefox
- Windscribe as VPN
- MalwareBytes Anti-Malware as an on demand scanner

Nice! Looking good to me. Windscribe is a great VPN. PopUpBlocker is good. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is a nice choice an ondemand scanner. EEK would be another great one too if you ever want to double check/triple check your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.