Solved Skype application is not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartrosef

Thread author
Jan 21, 2014
Skype application is not working properly

Hello experts,

I was using Skype for quite long time, when I try to open Skype all of a sudden I got his pop up message. It worked well in Xp operating system, but this happened in windows 7. Tried million times to uninstall and reinstall the Skype, but nothing magic happened. Also I updated my operating system and also updated my web cam and microphone too. Experts help me solve this issue.

skype-application-is-not-working-properly.jpeg

Exception EAccessViolation in module networx.exe at 000000000002F492.

Access violation at address 000000000042F492 in module ‘networx.exe’.

Read of address 0000000000000000.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
You can also use IObit Uninstaller which will remove more left overs.
Be sure to download Skype from the official download page. There are other installer packages available on download sites which can cause problems. Avoid .msi installers, you can not upgrade Skype with them without completely uninstalling first. The Toolbar-Free .msi from Softpedia give me a lot of problems and corrupted Skype's installation. Just be sure to uncheck the Bing Toolbar when installing the official version.

The official installer allows you to upgrade without uninstalling your current version and doesn't require a system reboot.

Enjoy!! :D

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
You can also use IObit Uninstaller which will remove more left overs.
Really! i always thought Revo was the Best

IObit Uninstaller gives u a lot of junk programs i wouldn't recommend it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you have (EMET) Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit installed?

Upvote 0

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2458544

What is the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit?

The Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) is a utility that helps prevent vulnerabilities in software from being successfully exploited.EMET achieves this goal by using security mitigation technologies. These technologies function as special protections and obstacles that an exploit author must defeat to exploit software vulnerabilities. These security mitigation technologies do not guarantee that vulnerabilities cannot be exploited.However, they work to make exploitation as difficult as possible to perform.

:)

James

Upvote 0
R

rkkdjb

Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2458544

What is the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit?

The Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) is a utility that helps prevent vulnerabilities in software from being successfully exploited.EMET achieves this goal by using security mitigation technologies. These technologies function as special protections and obstacles that an exploit author must defeat to exploit software vulnerabilities. These security mitigation technologies do not guarantee that vulnerabilities cannot be exploited.However, they work to make exploitation as difficult as possible to perform.

James
even malwarebytes(beta) has come with its own anti exploit google it

Upvote 0

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
sorry for going OT here but

as a Honorary Member at the Mbam forums i got to test the alpha version of Mbam v2 before the open beta
and i'v not seen no one say Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is going to be in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2 yet
i do know thay have added there Anti-Rootkit part

and thay just came out with a new alpha version of Mbae on 2-5-14 so it would not make since to add it yet

Looking for alpha testers for upcoming MBAE 0.10
Feb 05 2014
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=141741

can you show where you read this?

Thanks

James

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.