• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Hello,

Its been few days, I am not able to log-in into Skype.
I get JavaScript required to sign in.

Attached is the screenshot

Any info?

Thank You

Attachments

• Skype.png
    Skype.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,560
Reactions: Wave
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
The test website mention "JavaScript" is working in your browser.

VPN not in use.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What about your default browser, some extensions may take control of this setting on Chrome/Firefox. Make sure JavaScript switched on these too.

Not in use, as in Not Installed or Disabled?

Edit: Are you using the desktop client or UWP?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Default browser is Chrome And test website mention JavaScript is working in your browser. Only Internet Download Manager extension in Chrome.

VPN disabled, ondemand use here i.e start with Windows disabled.

Skype desktop

Upvote 0
W

Wave

Thread author
If you're on Windows 10 try using the Skype Preview from the Windows Store and see if that version works, you might even prefer it to the Desktop version. I am not sure myself why this error is occurring but you can try asking on the Skype forums for assistance.

I think the chances of this being related to browser aspects would be to do with IE or MS Edge as they would use the same engine implementation for accessing the login page within Skype GUI for sure. Any extensions on IE or MS Edge?

Do you have anything like a system-wide ad blocker enabled?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.