Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The next version of the Skype client may tap into the "Metro" design and let users send prerecorded video messages to each other, says The Verge.

Released last week, Skype's latest 5.11 beta version already ties in more closely with Microsoft. Users can log into Skype via their Microsoft account and access information from Live Messenger, Xbox, Hotmail, and Outlook.com.

Source

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The website has been partially updated, do you get redirected to the beta.skype.com?

I tried to install the a beta version, but you can over-install the current release without uninstalling.

I do like the WLM integration, but I still don't use Skype as much as any other software.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
No, i still get http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home but if i type in beta.skype.com i still go to the regular link

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Must be a regional thing, anyway I uninstalled 5.10 and installed the beta from FileHippo.com.

gVWgo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.