SlickWraps Data Breach

Protomartyr

Level 7
Thread author
Sep 23, 2019
Content source
https://archive.is/yEIJT
Original article hosted on Medium was taken down. I've linked an archived copy of the article. It's a good read.

Brief introduction of the article is quoted below:
In June of 2019, SlickWraps Inc., a Kansas-based phone accessories company, sold precisely 10,744 orders through their eCommerce platform.
They collected $199,128.51 USD in revenue.
They accepted $1,314.80 USD in refunds.
They authorized 560 returns.
I have this data this because I am a cybersecurity analyst… and SlickWraps has abysmal cybersecurity.
Today, I will tell you the story of why their vulnerabilities are being exposed.
Before I begin, it is important to note that I have exhausted all other options.
I notified SlickWraps multiple times of their egregious security vulnerabilities which (still) exist on their Magento-based eCommerce platform.
They had no interest in accepting security advice from me. They simply blocked and ignored me.
Their time is now up.
Let’s start at the beginning.

Read more: I hacked SlickWraps. This is how. - Lynx0x00 - Medium

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.