• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
'This', keeping ones composure by logging out and then logging back in, is very likely the most effective and sensible corrective action. Thanks @Paul B. !:D

LOL

let me rephrase my previous statement: after unchecking "disable html5 canvasing", even after closing and restarting Slimjet I still had to log out and back in to LastPass.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
LOL

let me rephrase my previous statement: after unchecking "disable html5 canvasing", even after closing and restarting Slimjet I still had to log out and back in to LastPass.
Another possibility might be the log on difficulty lies with LastPass. Although this has been a rare & recent occurrence while we were using Slimjet, it happened once when we were using Chrome:confused: which was some time ago.:rolleyes: I hope to rejoin the ranks of tonibalas & frogboy, and to be 'Lucky' from now on.:D

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Slimjet mention---
"Built in High Speed Multi threaded Download Manager
You might be using IDM or any other download manager to boost up your speeds. What if your browser already has that capablility? Slimjet includes its own Download Manager which splits your download into multiple sections and then download your file using multi threads simultaneously. With a Decent internet speed Slimjet can use 12 thread connections to boost download speed upto 12 times! You can pause and resume your downloads whenever you want. Having multi threaded Download Manager will shoot up speed and performance and makes Slimjet the fastest web browser for Windows 7 and 8".

How to use the above feature?

And Slimjet mention---
"Built in Ad Blocker
These days our Systems are most vulnerable to malwares and spam Ad programs which even best antivirus cannot prevent. After these are downloaded the most affected program is your web browser. Any website you open will show tons of unwanted Ads and spam links. When other browsers need external plugins/extensions to remove these ads Slimjet has an in Built Ad Blocker to prevent such Ads and save your bandwidth and memory. This exclusive feature will improve your browsing speed extensively making Slimjet the fastest web browser for Windows 7 and 8".

The Ad Blocker is not built-in but installs Adblock Plus extension. This is little misleading.

http://www.slimjet.com/en/lp/what-is-the-fastest-web-browser.php

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Yeah, there's a touch of hype there. Maxthon has a built-in adblocker. Slimjet doesn't yet, but it's promised, and seeing this makes me think it's very close. It will be a form of ad-block, but because it will be compiled in, it will be fast.

As far as the built-in downloader, fine. But I wish it would get rid of that horrendous download "shelf" google thinks we need.

And if you want to see the fastest browser, try Nitro. But you will find that kind of speed comes at a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.