Slipstream's Configuration

Slipstream

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 6, 2015
Avira Free Beta now has 2 hourly signature updates, it is inform to you. New releases will come with 2 hours updates.

Thanks for the update! 2 hours is a better frequency, I feel.

@Slipstream , if haven't already blocked 3rd party cookies in Chrome,
  1. From Settings scroll to the bottom >> Show Advanced settings...
  2. Under Privacy choose >> Content Settings... >> Cookies >> There, mark the box "Block third party cookies & site data"
  • Additionally, I prefer to mark the circle "Keep local data only until you quit browser"
*Optional for added privacy: Browse using "Incognito" but remember, for the extensions such as HTTPS Everywhere, do check the boxes in order to allow extensions you wish to use in incognito.

I haven't yet gone through all of Chromes settings with a fine tooth comb so thank you for the handy information, your settings look like a great choice, I'll have the same :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

> A shadow copy!
> Sandboxie
> A different browser and (backup) 2nd browser.
> WPS Office
> Wise Care 365
> Toolwiz Time Freeze
> Appguard

Just thoughts!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Slip- Don’t mean to darken your day, but your security setup leaves you pretty much open to worm infections. WD on 8.1 is no great shakes for zero day detections, Windows Firewall even at the max won't stop the resident worm from connecting to its C&C, and Malwarebyes mostly ignores worms via definitions or via scanning. In addition, UAC is not effective as worms almost never request elevated privilege. (As I read that you don't do VM's, I hope you will believe that this is true in lieu of testing).

Since a worm to be effective needs to request Outbound status and to be very effective needs to autostart with Windows, adding some sort of extra protection in those areas would be a good thing.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.