King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Hey guys, I'm having a slow bootup again after installing the latest windows updates. :mad: The black screen takes 1min to 1min and 30 secs. I can't use the system restore now because the recent system restore was made two days after I installed the updates. Thanks in advance guys!

Reactions: Logethica and Kent

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
As I can see you are using Windows 8.1;you can rollback the update by the uninstall menu------ installed windows updates.But please cross-check your friends who are using the same version of Windows OS..................

Reactions: King Alpha
Upvote 0

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014

RIght-click in the bottom left corner of your screen and select "Control Panel". From there, click on "System and Security", and pick "Windows Updates". In the bottom left-corner, you'll see "Show installed updates". Click on that, and let the updates load. If you right-click on an update, or double-click it, you'll uninstall it.

Uninstall the KB2982791 update and see if you still have a slow boot time.

Upvote 0

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Go to the uninstall menu and click on this
2ex57yp.png

2ex57yp.png

and then uninstall.......
Do a system restore before trying it...............

Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
RIght-click in the bottom left corner of your screen and select "Control Panel". From there, click on "System and Security", and pick "Windows Updates". In the bottom left-corner, you'll see "Show installed updates". Click on that, and let the updates load. If you right-click on an update, or double-click it, you'll uninstall it.

Uninstall the KB2982791 update and see if you still have a slow boot time.
Thanks a lot @Aura! I really appreciate it. The black screen trimmed down to 30+ secs. But the normal black screen time for my PC is just 20+ secs (Before installing the latest windows updates). Should I uninstall the other updates?

Reactions: Logethica
Upvote 0

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Thanks a lot @Aura! I really appreciate it. The black screen trimmed down to 30+ secs. But the normal black screen time for my PC is just 20+ secs (Before installing the latest windows updates). Should I uninstall the other updates?

There was 3 Updates (KB) in total to uninstall if I remember correctly, want me to find them for you ?

Upvote 0

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
I had this problem too, I couldn't find a fix and ended up having to re-install Windows. I also updated my BIOS to one with Windows 8 support, I don't know if that helped. I rebooted my PC in between each driver and batch of Windows updates to make sure it was still booting quickly and to find out what was causing it but it didn't happen after the second time I re-installed. The only thing I did differently this time was use avast! instead of 360 Total Security. I don't know if that is related.

Edit: Doesn't seem to be, I went back to 360 TS and everything still works fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.