NVIDIA 540M 2GB

Done so far:
CCleaner
Antivirus (CIS)
Emsisoft AM
Defragmentation
Updated drivers..

I used to have wow on ultra without any problems
used to play css with 200FPS, now 80 but not stable at all.. Just random drops...
I can't #####ing even not play CS1.6 with 100FPS?

I am getting tired of this :) Any help?
What more to do?

I

illumination

@ BoXX28 and umbrapolaris, you two crack me up :D

When i say full wipe, i mean either using the disk, and booting up to reformat, which would require you to delete the contents of the partition, and or a full factory reset, which does not include saving programs and files.. ;)

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

that is a good way. normally your issue should gone, after the reformat dont forget to tweak your services and startup programs.

Upvote 0

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
I reformated the partition with windows, installed firefox and CIS Pro 2012, nothing else installed :)
i will uninstalled CIS, and start updating windows, and test it :)

Just one problem, at school i am on a network with about 600 clients active, and its a unsecure network with authentication..

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Devial said:

no no, CIS should not interfere with windows update, at worst disable it, unless you dont want installing it again. you have a fresh install dont start to screw it with useless uninstallations.

Upvote 0

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
kinda strange now, i have about 200FPS in CSS, which is more than enough, but the problem is its not stable, sometimes it just hits 40-60FPS for about 15 sec :) - Any suggestions? :D

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have you heard noises coming from any of your computer when playing the game? If so it could be the reason that something is plugged in right and or you might need to upgrade your graphics card?

Upvote 0

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Devial said:
kinda strange now, i have about 200FPS in CSS, which is more than enough, but the problem is its not stable, sometimes it just hits 40-60FPS for about 15 sec :)

Are you actually seeing anything noticeable though? 40fps is still more than adequate to provide a smooth visual experience. (anything over 24fps)

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Devial said:
I reformated the partition with windows, installed firefox and CIS Pro 2012, nothing else installed :)

Just one problem, at school i am on a network with about 600 clients active, and its a unsecure network with authentication..

I would definitely apply all the updates, the updates affect the security, stability, and compatibility.. I have not done a full update of windows with CIS installed, so do not know how that will go, I normally reformat, and update windows, then put programs on after doing a full scan with a couple on demands...

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

thewolfsmith72 said:
I would definitely apply all the updates, the updates affect the security, stability, and compatibility.. I have not done a full update of windows with CIS installed, so do not know how that will go, I normally reformat, and update windows, then put programs on after doing a full scan with a couple on demands...

i agree , why he installed CIS right away? ^^

Upvote 0

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
I dunno why "he" did that xD, but he did :)
windows is up2date now, still problems, how to clean a laptop for dust and other things? :)

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Devial said:
I dunno why "he" did that xD, but he did :)
windows is up2date now, still problems, how to clean a laptop for dust and other things? :)

Lets see if we can narrow this down, what exactly is the "issue" or issues" you are experiencing?

Edit: I am aware of the previous issues, but need to know if they are exactly the same, or different now.

Upvote 0

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
Its the same actually, its so annoyting!
The system is running fine, except sometimes.. it just goes unstable and bad performance :)

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Devial said:

no no, CIS should not interfere with windows update, at worst disable it, unless you dont want installing it again. you have a fresh install dont start to screw it with useless uninstallations.

Security software might have much different results on different systems.
Like I said in order to eliminate CIS as a possible suspect, it should be completely uninstalled. I have encounter problems in the past with HIPS programs causing errors with Windows Updates and causing systems to crawl in speed over time. (Comodo Firewall, Online Armor and PC Tools Firewall). One of the main reasons that I no longer use them. Might run fast on some systems whereas other systems are so slow they are not usable.

Since you installed CIS right after formating, you can't eliminate it as the cause of the problem. I recommend do another complete reformat, install all Windows Updates and this time don't install any security products. Just use Windows default firewall and Windows Defender included in your OS or MSE offered by Windows Updates for about a week, if there is no slow downs, you will know the cause is CIS.
If you are worried about infections, just use a non-administrative account and you will be protected. Use an Administrative account to install Firefox, Flash plugins and other trusted software then switch back to a non-administrative account.

Since you might have to reformat anyway, I wouldn't worry about malware infection until you solve what is making your system run slow.

Good Luck.:D

Upvote 0

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
One thing, When you're uninstalling Comodo Internet Security, Make sure to delete all registry keys that are made by CIS, Same goes for the folders and files, Then after a reboot, Remove all of the drivers that are left by Comodo, I have a guide here somewhere which you can take a look at.

Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hi Devial,

* Littlebits wrote: 'Like I said in order to eliminate CIS as a possible suspect, it should be completely uninstalled.'

* Then DEFRAGMENT your disk.

I use the best defragmenter: MyDefrag v4.3.1: http://www.mydefrag.com/index.html

'MyDefrag is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to make your harddisk faster). It's true.

Then get the news from you, please.;)

EDIT: I hope, that you delete the Internet temp files, right?.. And have you disabled Aero? And tweaked your Windows (by disabling unnecessary processes and services? .. Messenger? .. WebClient??

Upvote 0

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
LoL, i was just about to mention this, i believe you're on laptop, heat issues is mostly the main problem for slowdown.
Use larger fan for your cooling.
It's good to see you got it solved.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.