NVIDIA 540M 2GB

Done so far:
CCleaner
Antivirus (CIS)
Emsisoft AM
Defragmentation
Updated drivers..

I used to have wow on ultra without any problems
used to play css with 200FPS, now 80 but not stable at all.. Just random drops...
I can't #####ing even not play CS1.6 with 100FPS?

I am getting tired of this :) Any help?
What more to do?

network86

Oct 12, 2011
I had the same problem recently. My computer just started slowly drastically then eventually it BSOD alot.It started when i upgraded CIS to 5.8 version. So i uninstalled CIS and everything is back to normal, which is annoying as i love Comodo. Maybe its the same thing for you? Maybe you can try uninstaling CIS and see if that helps?

Upvote 0

network86

Oct 12, 2011
Well usually if i experience slow downs i go over what i have installed recently and try uninstalling things one by one. Or i have a look at task manager to see if anything is chewing up CPU and check event logs for any errors.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
1.Download Process Monitor for Microsoft
2.Go to Edit and enable 'Auto Scroll'
3.On the main UI Hide the Registry , Network and Process activity filters.
HcBec.png

4.Close your browser and other apps that you may have open and start looking for patterns.Which program is showing more often in your logs?

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Also you can use a startup manager like autoruns or starter, or you can use msconfig and look for any startups or services that can be disabled

Upvote 0

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
svchost shows often, but nothing else, ofcause a2guard and cmdagent and the ussual stuff.
I already done it using msconfig :)

Upvote 0

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Do you have 64-bit? If so are you running the newly added 'enabled protection', because that maybe where your conflict resides/is?

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

less protection, but this features may have issues on some system. originally it was build-in on the beta version, but they make it an option since issues may happen.

Upvote 0

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Thanks for clearing up the whole enabled protection thing that I suggested Umbra, my net has been down so did not have chance to reply/expand on what I was saying.

Any update Devial :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.