NVIDIA 540M 2GB

Done so far:
CCleaner
Antivirus (CIS)
Emsisoft AM
Defragmentation
Updated drivers..

I used to have wow on ultra without any problems
used to play css with 200FPS, now 80 but not stable at all.. Just random drops...
I can't #####ing even not play CS1.6 with 100FPS?

I am getting tired of this :) Any help?
What more to do?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
bitbizket said:
LoL, i was just about to mention this, i believe you're on laptop, heat issues is mostly the main problem for slowdown.
Use larger fan for your cooling.
It's good to see you got it solved.

Also like to add, never place your laptop on soft surfaces like pillows, blankets or even your lap because it can restrict air flow. Always place your laptop on a hard smooth surface that way the air vents don't get blocked.

I have had customers that destroyed a new laptop because they didn't pay attention to the air vents at the bottom and end up blocking them for extended amount of time, it will fry your laptop especially if you are running programs that use up high CPU cycles or graphics like games.

I'm glad your got the problem resolved.:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.