• 4-9-12.txt
    915 bytes · Views: 127
  • 4-9-12___2.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 4 -14-12.txt
    952 bytes · Views: 126

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Welcome to the forums! :) Lets start dealing with your firewall and update issues

Download and Install Combofix 

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations: 
Link 1  
Link 2  

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop  

* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here  
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks

NSIS_disclaimer_ENG.png

NSIS_extraction.png

• When finished, it shall produce a log for you. 
    [*]Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Notes:
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
3.  If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.

Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now

NEXT

run farbar service scanner

fss.jpg

Tick "All" options.
Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.

Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

razzle

Thread author
Apr 15, 2012
this is my log reports from combofix and fss. fss would not run at first took 3 times before it saved to my desktop because it said was not a popular file to run and would not give the option to run. but did finally save to desktop. pc has slowed down and will not let me download any software. tried microsoft fix it to fix uploads but stops 3/4 ways through.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Ok big question: Do u have a live net connection in normal mode??
also what are your current problems with windows updates and firewall?

razzle

Thread author
Apr 15, 2012
malwarekiller said:
Ok big question: Do u have a live net connection in normal mode??
also what are your current problems with windows updates and firewall?

my windows update still goes to automatic delay start even after i reset it. i have not recieved any other updates since the last one i was able to dl. but seems computer runs slower and will not run software like microsoft fix it. i do not understand live net connection or normal mode. msessentials shows unprotected orange sign.switches back and forth. never had that problem before hdd. i don't know if this is a problem but i uninstalled avg and upgraded to avast antivirus on 4/10/12 but it still shows on my pc hidden icons and in downloaded software.

razzle

Thread author
Apr 15, 2012
but of late, my microsoft works 9 documents will not open as of today 4/16/12. worked yesterday but today they will not open. with a message of "words cannot access one or more files it needs to run the word processor.the files may have been renamed , deleted , or moved. try reinstalling Works , and then starting the program again. to which i reinstalled works 9 only to get the same message again.ran malwarebytes again nothing found. i use incredimail app but it stopped working. i uninstalled then dl straight from the site and it downloaded. but when i clicked install or run for a very split second something opened and closed.but it did not install incredimail app.

razzle

Thread author
Apr 15, 2012
razzle said:
but of late, my microsoft works 9 documents will not open as of today 4/16/12. worked yesterday but today they will not open. with a message of "words cannot access one or more files it needs to run the word processor.the files may have been renamed , deleted , or moved. try reinstalling Works , and then starting the program again. to which i reinstalled works 9 only to get the same message again.ran malwarebytes again nothing found. i use incredimail app but it stopped working. i uninstalled then dl straight from the site and it downloaded. but when i clicked install or run for a very split second something opened and closed.but it did not install incredimail app.

recieved important windows update for microsoft works. update kb2680317. failed 5 times to install. when i shut down pc it stayed on to update something. checked w/u shows file failed.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Hi the windows updates delayed start setting is just fnormal and windows will put it to default if u change that....

Download Windows Repair (all in one) from here:
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

Install the program then run

Go to step 2 and allow it to run Disc check
Capture3.gif

Once that is done then go to step 3 and allow it to run SFC
Capture.gif

On the start repairs tab select advanced mode and click start
Capture1.gif

Select all the items given and tick restart system when finished then click Start

razzle

Thread author
Apr 15, 2012
thank you for your time and effort. so far the tweak program has done the trick. everything seems to work fine so far. the only issue is the microsoft works 9 update kb2680317. since the tweak fix i have trouble installing that single file as it failed to install 2 times since using tweak. maybe it is a microsoft issue on that file. many, many thanks again.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
razzle said:
thank you for your time and effort. so far the tweak program has done the trick. everything seems to work fine so far. the only issue is the microsoft works 9 update kb2680317. since the tweak fix i have trouble installing that single file as it failed to install 2 times since using tweak. maybe it is a microsoft issue on that file. many, many thanks again.

Microsoft works is not important use revo uninstaller and uninstall the microsoft works program.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.