Network firewall
Real-time security
Bitdefender Total Security 2022
Firewall security
About custom security
Simple Windows Hardening
Telemetry disabled
All privacy setting are disabled
Remote connections , network sharing are off .
Yoga DNS client used for Doh (NextDNS0
Syshardener with by default + added rules checked
OSarmor with default + added rules checked
Periodic malware scanners
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Edge and Firefox
UBlock Origin Extension
Malwarebytes Broswer Guard Extension
Bitdefender Traffic Light Extension
NoScript extension
Secure DNS
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
Bitdefender VPN (Only use when it is needed )
Password manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Manually Clean and Fix the system if necessary (don't use any third party tools )
I created a simple bat script for maintenance which I run when needed and it doesn't all the maintenance tasks for me automatically .
File and Photo backup
Google Drive(Cloud BackUP) and an additional drive for backup
System recovery
Aomei BackUpper full windows disk backup
Risk factors
    • Working from home
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Buying from online stores, entering banks card details
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
  • Brand and model : ASUS ROG Strix SCAR 15 Gaming laptop
  • CPU model : Ryzen 9 Octa Core
  • GPU model : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
  • RAM type and size : DDR4 16 GB
  • Storage type and size : PCIe NVMe M.2 1 TB
Notable changes
I use 7 zip , currently I don't know about its secure alternatives , is there any one you can recommend me ?

I treid aomei backupper of other pc , found great for my needs , and now I decided to use it
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I use 7 zip , currently I don't know about its secure alternatives , is there any one you can recommend me ?
To keep the mark of the web, Bandizip or Explzh are recommended.
You use Simple Windows Hardening, Syshardener (and OSarmor) that all try to do +/- the same thing.
Wouldn't it be better to use the tools of @Andy Ful or the tools of @NoVirusThanks ?

Snue23

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 12, 2022
To keep the mark of the web, Bandizip or Explzh are recommended.
You use Simple Windows Hardening, Syshardener (and OSarmor) that all try to do +/- the same thing.
Wouldn't it be better to use the tools of @Andy Ful or the tools of @NoVirusThanks ?
Thanks for the suggestion , I will stick to osarmor only for now and removed the rest of the tools . However I tried the 7 zip alternatives , Bitdefender ATD blocked both of them(I inspected the system myself using process explorer and autoruns , but it don't seems infected . Maybe I am not qualified enough for it ) . Maybe I had tried downloading from the bad link , Can you share the link to both of the tools ?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thanks for the suggestion , I will stick to osarmor only for now and removed the rest of the tools . However I tried the 7 zip alternatives , Bitdefender ATD blocked both of them(I inspected the system myself using process explorer and autoruns , but it don't seems infected . Maybe I am not qualified enough for it ) . Maybe I had tried downloading from the bad link , Can you share the link to both of the tools ?
I use only Bandizip (it's ad supported, but that doesn't bother me, because only in the main interface):
Homepage:
Download link for the x64 bit version:
VirusTotal result:
If you don't like the ads in Bandizip an alternative is Explzh, but I find it's interface less user-friendly:
Homepage:
VirusTotal result:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Browsers, Search and Addons:
Edge and Firefox
UBlock Origin Extension
NoScript extension
At least, one looks redundant, @Snue23 you may want to remove Malwarebytes and just keep Bitdefender Traffic Light.
uBlock Origin is able to block scripts even more advanced compared to NoScript. Easier to handle would be "Medium Mode".

Snue23

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 12, 2022
I use only Bandizip (it's ad supported, but that doesn't bother me, because only in the main interface):
Homepage:
VirusTotal result:
If you don't like the ads in Bandizip an alternative is Explzh, but I find it's interface less user-friendly:
Homepage:
VirusTotal result:
Seems to be false detection , thanks for the link

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Browsers, Search and Addons:
Edge and Firefox
UBlock Origin Extension
NoScript extension
I agree with @silversurfer on this one
You use too many extensions that have the same purpose. I would recommend keeping only uBlock Origin with it's malware blocklists and it's script blocking capabilities. No need for NoScript, Malwarebytes Browser Guard and Bitdefender Traffic Light. Keep in mind that you also have NextDNS for the blocking of malicious sites which is already enough in my opinion.

So uBlock Origin for ad/tracker, malware and scripts blocking + NextDNS with extra blocking capabilities on DNS level.

Snue23

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 12, 2022
At least, one looks redundant, @Snue23 you may want to remove Malwarebytes and just keep Bitdefender Traffic Light.
uBlock Origin is able to block scripts even more advanced compared to NoScript. Easier to handle would be "Medium Mode".

Thanks for the documentation of Ublock , removed noscript for MalwareBytes Browser Guard I am not sure and I found it blocking many sites that TL and NextDNS don't and vica versa

Last edited:

Snue23

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 12, 2022
I agree with @silversurfer on this one
You use too many extensions that have the same purpose. I would recommend keeping only uBlock Origin with it's malware blocklists and it's script blocking capabilities. No need for NoScript, Malwarebytes Browser Guard and Bitdefender Traffic Light. Keep in mind that you also have NextDNS for the blocking of malicious sites which is already enough in my opinion.

So uBlock Origin for ad/tracker, malware and scripts blocking + NextDNS with extra blocking capabilities on DNS level.
For my current usage Bitdefender Traffic Light Blocks much more than site than NextDNS (provided that I modified the security and privacy settings of NextDNS to increase the security )

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.