So What Are You Viewing When You Log On To MT

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Always curious! What are you viewing when you log on to MT. Very late at night I see 500+ guests. Don't know how you tell what they are viewing. There usually isn't that much going on late at night! I usually click what's new, but not a lot interests me as I'm not looking for security changes. I have all the security I'm familiar and comfortable with. My PC is clean of malware, but I do like to watch our malware team in action. I really wonder what all those guests are viewing. Are they the same guest every night or are they new and just surfing and looking for freebies??? It would be cool if I knew what they were viewing:rolleyes::rolleyes: and how long they stayed.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
OK! I just think it would help a lot to know what our guests are viewing and not have to guess what their viewing. I'm sure a lot are interested in the give away area. There are 600 guess right now. I really don't see that many hot topics. I see MT members are visiting the forum list.
Not much going on there. Other forums show the forum sections that are being viewed and how many are viewing in each section. That's all I'm trying to say. The guest are here for some reason and that's a good thing.:)

Reactions: Oxygen

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I click on What's New and Recent Posts! That pretty much brings me up to date of what's going on.
I usually have several alerts to click on. Last count I had 55 alerts today. They take a lot of my time on the forum!

Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
I would guess that they arrive after searching information on malware, drivers, Windows and application files. I have seen MT threads come up many times within the first few organic results of searches I have done on random files and drives that are unfamiliar to me.

Reactions: donetao

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I viewed what the guest are viewing and they are all over the place, so I'm thinking they get their answers from members that have registered and had their issue solved. So they don't need to register. How can we get to 50,000 that way. Come on guest if you read this, register on MT and become a regular on MT;)

Reactions: Oxygen

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Hi! I viewed what the guest are viewing and they are all over the place, so I'm thinking they get their answers from members that have registered and had their issue solved. So they don't need to register. How can we get to 50,000 that way. Come on guest if you read this, register on MT and become a regular on MT;)

We could set a limit on how many threads they can view. They would then need to create an account here, but staying active is up to them. I see most of them viewing the giveaway section, I suggest we set a postcount limit of 150.

MalwareTips already has a great amount of good members, but it's always great to see more new members.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
We could set a limit on how many threads they can view. They would then need to create an account here, but staying active is up to them. I see most of them viewing the giveaway section, I suggest we set a postcount limit of 150.

I don't think that would ever happen here. I have seen forums that have restricted access to certain boards, or blocks you after x number of visits. I never re-visited those sites.

Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
I don't think that would ever happen here. I have seen forums that have restricted access to certain boards, or blocks you after x number of visits. I never re-visited those sites.

Good point. It doesn't seem very welcoming.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I'm generally a lurker, lol!
I'll look at whatever catches my interest or search for something specific - I'm pretty random like that!
To be honest, I couldn't care less about the giveaways, that's not why I signed up to here. I signed up as needed some assistance in cleaning remnants of a malware infection, and stayed as I've learnt a great deal about security practices via this forum.
Oh, and you're a friendly bunch too! You guys may have seen me pop up here and there, I'm just not that chatty

Reactions: Ink and donetao

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I think there are several like you @ElectricSheep
I'm the author of this thread. Thanks for your reply! I have been accused of being to friendly, to windy and to old on several forums, but so far they are putting up with me here on MT. I think they just feel sorry for me as I seem to be the oldest member here on MT.;)
This is basically a security forum, but we have other good stuff here also.
Good people and very friendly here on MT

Reactions: ElectricSheep

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I generally read whatever is coming under "Mini Spy" ( except malware submissions and in case I feel the topic would be boring :p ).
I love the malware submissions.;)
TwinHeaded Eagal is my hero!

R

rocky

I visit quite alot without signing in. I don't post alot and don't do facebook or anything so the giveaways aren't of real interest. Mostly just log on to give a like once in awhile.

Reactions: donetao

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.