SoftPerfect WiFi Guard free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
SoftPerfect WiFi Guard free topic here ..

SoftPerfect WiFi Guard latest version
1.0.0 (Nov 25, 2012): on softperfect.com Home page: http://www.softperfect.com/products/wifiguard/

'SoftPerfect WiFi Guard is an essential tool for everyone running a small WiFi network and striving to keep it secure. Generally, modern WiFi networks are well protected, but there is a number of weaknesses that can compromise your WiFi password; this includes vulnerabilities in encryption and brute force attacks. As a result, someone can gain unauthorised access to your Internet and LAN, exploit them and stay unnoticed.

You may think: it's ok, who cares, I have got an uncapped plan. But what about someone reading your personal emails, stealing private information or breaking the law online while using your Internet connection?

Here comes our little application that allows you to know immediately if your network is used without your knowledge. It's a specalised network scanner that runs through your network at set intervals and reports immediately if it has found any new connected devices that could possible belong to an intruder.' ..

FEATURES:

'•Pings computers and other network devices and displays those alive.
•Detects firewalled computers that do not respond to ping.
•Scans your network at a specified interval.
•Immediately alerts you if an unknown device is found.
•Runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
•Absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware, spyware or malware.'

Latest version
1.0.0 (Nov 25, 2012)
Changelog

Supported platforms
Windows 2000 or higher
Mac OS 10.4 on Intel or higher
Linux with GTK+ 2.8 or higher

32-bit and 64-bit

License
Freeware

P

Plexx

Has anyone gave this tool a test run?

Also, since I can't seem to find a thread, has anyone looked at this for windows 7? (I know last build was 2008, but we never know might work on windows 7)

http://www.softperfect.com/products/firewall/

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Biozfear said:
Has anyone gave this tool a test run?

Also, since I can't seem to find a thread, has anyone looked at this for windows 7? (I know last build was 2008, but we never know might work on windows 7)

http://www.softperfect.com/products/firewall/

I saw on softperfect research boards that it will run on Windows 7.Second post down from the top here

SoftPerfect Research forum said:
Version for Windows 7
Posted by Andrew (May 14, 2010 18:15)
The current version works on Windows 7 regardless of the compatibility message that might pop up.

What those compatibility issues are? I dont know and I cant seem to find what they might be anywhere.I have seen downloads{1.4.1} though that have windows 7 listed as one of the compatible Windows OS here

I tried running the installer but get the "not compatible with your version of windows" and didnt go on further with the installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.