Advice Request Software complement for ESET Smart Security Premium?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

jaoe134

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 7, 2021
Hi there,

What is a good complement for ESET Smart Security Premium? I look for a software that obviously doesn't require me to uninstall ESET as many good ones as Trend Micro or BitDefender require.
Some additional shields you think can be useful....if free better, if not alright paid.

Thank you lots!!

And if you can specify what for exactly Id be very grateful!
Cheers

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Voodoshield is an excellent addition, has free version or paid, more than covers any potential weak spot,
norton deleated it

1628386711395.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jaoe134

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 7, 2021
If you're truly paranoid; and Yes, these rules will work in ESSP, even though it says business products.

thanks a lot, although saw this is for business app i will try find the same steps on my home version which i think musnt be that different, thank you !!:)

voodoo seems interesting indeed, thanks for this suggestion too!

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
indeed, putting it bluntly a product that operates assuming we're all up for its choice without prior user's free will is equal to groupthink: Understanding Groupthink - from software to philosophical analogy in a sec :ROFLMAO: speak about agendas !
Groupthink is a dynamic that can lead to bad decisions and even disasters; it is a phenomenon in which a group of individuals may consider themselves infallible.

jaoe134

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 7, 2021
As ESET is not good at proactive/behavioral protection against ransomware, I would recommend Kaspersky Anti Ransomware Tool (Free Ransomware Protection | Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool ). It is free and compatible with most antivirus products.
thanks anthony! saw though there is a bunch of marketing and data process consent to be accepted for installing, is it this different from other apps or we just dont realise and they do the same? i was a bit shocked with so many ticks to click 😅 :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_1.jpg

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
thanks anthony! saw though there is a bunch of marketing and data process consent to be accepted for installing, is it this different from other apps or we just dont realise and they do the same? i was a bit shocked with so many ticks to click 😅 :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 260084
Well, you can always rely on Kaspersky... Their data processing center is located in Switzerland. I don't think you will get a lot of marketing emails from Kaspersky, unlike McAfee and Avira...

jaoe134

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 7, 2021
That is false, you only need to accept their privacy policy and contract terms.
tried intall it only with those but doesnt let me click install unless i accept the other conditions, all am i asking is: is kaspersky asking clearly what other apps dont ask but do anyways? cos in that case then i don't mind

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.