Advice Request Software for multiple clouds (Air explorer / Expandrive): opinions, altenatives?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Hi,

currently im running some few clouds. Using upload/download clients or even the browser in order to mange your files in the cloud is not very comfortable.
I found this two solutions:

*) Air explorer
*) Expandrive

Anyone of you guys has experience using this products ? Any alternatives ...? :)

My accouts: Google Drive, Dropbox, box, OneDrive, BackBlaze, PowerFolder, Asus Web Storage, IDrive
Im also running pCloud (500GB, Lifetime) but this provider has already a file explorer itergration, so i dont need to use a web browser or a client from pCloud.
Thx !!

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Hi,

currently im running some few clouds. Using upload/download clients or even the browser in order to mange your files in the cloud is not very comfortable.

*) Air explorer
*) Expandrive

Anyone of you guys has experience using this products ? Any alternatives ...? :)

My accouts: Google Drive, Dropbox, box, OneDrive, BackBlaze, PowerFolder, Asus Web Storage, IDrive
Im also running pCloud (500GB, Lifetime) but this provider has already a file explorer itergration, so i dont need to use a web browser or a client from pCloud.
Thx !!
I created a basic guide on OneDrive that perhaps could work for you, but since it's from 2022 it more then likely needs an update. Check it out if you like and let us know. I'll try to see if I can confirm the steps also with the latest version, but will have to do that later this week or the upcoming weekend.

Where it says " Use your business mail " you would instead use your personal account, unless you actually have a business account.

ruve

Jan 2, 2024
To those finding this from a google search, let me add another app that's been working fine for me: RAIDRIVE. Just google it. It creates a drive (virtual) that allows access (in real time) to your cloud. Of course you must be connected to internet for it to work.

Reactions: Keyang556

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
To those finding this from a google search, let me add another app that's been working fine for me: RAIDRIVE. Just google it. It creates a drive (virtual) that allows access (in real time) to your cloud. Of course you must be connected to internet for it to work.

Raidrive is good. From my perspective, it might not be the best to create amounted virtual drive to your backup space. Doing so makes it easier to delete things, or to have your data erased should you be infected. Also, be aware that there is currently a problem with raidrive and Mega. Transfers are often slow and a bit unstable.

Reactions: Keyang556

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Hi,

*) Air explorer
*) Expandrive

Thx !!

I would NOT use these. It all seems great; Airexplorer is powerful and easy to use. But for whatever reason, Airexplorer sees a whole lot of differences between my local drive and my cloud drives (Mega and pcloud), and I'm not sure why. The data is the same but the dates are different, so airexplorer tries to reupload everything trying to get everything equal. Airexplorer needs and ignore date option or "file size" only option. I've lost data using these.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I would NOT use these. It all seems great; Airexplorer is powerful and easy to use. But for whatever reason, Airexplorer sees a whole lot of differences between my local drive and my cloud drives (Mega and pcloud), and I'm not sure why. The data is the same but the dates are different, so airexplorer tries to reupload everything trying to get everything equal. Airexplorer needs and ignore date option or "file size" only option. I've lost data using these.

Ok, so, update. It seems as though the raidrive mounting would be your best bet now. It supports mega and pcloud. And, literally just 5 minutes ago, I was working with raidrive to see what the issues were that I was having between it and Mega. Sometimes files would fail and sometimes it would be very very slow; like 10 min for a 6kb jpg slow. It turns out, after testing many internal builds, that it defaulted to http when mega was expecting https. That was adjusted and everything seems fine now. I mention this because I'm in the exact situation as the OP. Raidrive seems best, but you could go with megacmd and mount them both as a webdav, then use rclone to sync to that webdav. If you are going to do that, keep in mind that webdav emulates a FAT partition and no file above 4gb can be transferred. Both of these allow you to activate 2fa, which you really should be using.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.