Software to remove traces from uninstalled programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Pinto

Thread author
Feb 8, 2014
Hi guys,

can some one give a tip about a good software that searchs and eliminates software allready uninstalled ?
I use Uninstall tool to uninstall software, and it scans registry leftovers. however, some folders and files remains at the disk
If there's software that makes what i wish for, i would be appreciated

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
I use Revo Uninstaller Pro, and its really good at removing all the leftovers. And I've used Iobit Uninstaller too. Works great and its free too.
I'd advice, try Iobit uninstaller first. If it isn't good enough for you, go ahead and get yourself Revo Uninstaller Pro.

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Revo is very good as is Iobit, which is what I use!
You can then follow up with Ccleaner to remove any further registry entries that are left over.:)

Reactions: Koroke San

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use IObit Uninstaller 2.4 for my program uninstalls and supports Windows 64-bit (ie. C:\Program Files (x86)\ and C:\Program Files\, and it's completely portable.

You can use Revo Uninstaller Free on both Windows 32-bit and 64-bit, except it does not support uninstallation for software installed in C:\Program Files\ on a 64-bit OS. Revo Uninstaller Pro is more updated, but it's not free.
Scroll to bottom for Portable (free) http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

I've not tried other uninstallers.

Edit: For already uninstalled programs, unless the vendor has a dedicated 'Removal / Uninstall tool', you may have to manually delete files, folders and registry items. You can also use CCleaner's registry cleaner to identify left over keys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.