Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Hello!
Here's my config.
I want to add that I use snapshot time machine Eaz-Fix (Rollback Rx elder sister) so I often jump between snapshot and can test any software almost with impunity unless MBR is intact.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I

illumination

Thank you for encouraging, though IMHO my config is overloaded. I insert into my PC as much as it can endure.:)
If the basics are covered, it looks good to me.. Although i agree, that some configs are to congested. At the same time, i can not be a hypocrite as i have run configs just as heavy "i do not any more" ... ;) :D

I do want to ask, the last time you were infected "less then a month ago" were you running this config, or turn to this config because of?

Solarlynx

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
If the basics are covered, it looks good to me.. Although i agree, that some configs are to congested. At the same time, i can not be a hypocrite as i have run configs just as heavy "i do not any more" ... ;) :D

Lol. Well, I insert all this security staff just because my PC endures it. Otherwise I would overload it. :)

I do want to ask, the last time you were infected "less then a month ago" were you running this config, or turn to this config because of?

It was this config, though actually it was not real infection. It was an attempt prevented by Avast. When I visited some site Avast informed me that some malicious prog got downloaded (I didn't allow downloading, it downloaded by itself) and Avast deleted it. I didn't mind :D as I know Avast has close to zero FP rate. So that's why I marked it in point "Last known malware infection on this computer".

I

illumination

Lol. Well, I insert all this security staff just because my PC endures it. Otherwise I would overload it. :)

To be honest, most of the time, the heavy configs are over kill, and really no need for "unless you are alot like some of us, and like to play with the software more then you like actually going online ;) :D"

It was this config, though actually it was not real infection. It was an attempt prevented by Avast. When I visited some site Avast informed me that some malicious prog got downloaded (I didn't allow downloading, it downloaded by itself) and Avast deleted it. I didn't mind :D as I know Avast has close to zero FP rate. So that's why I marked it in point "Last known malware infection on this computer".

Im not so sure a "blocked attempt" qualifies for an infection, but good to know Avast covered your backside :D

Solarlynx

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
To be honest, most of the time, the heavy configs are over kill, and really no need for "unless you are alot like some of us, and like to play with the software more then you like actually going online ;) :D"
Well, actually 90% of problems with PC I have it's the overloaded config and experiments with it. :D

Im not so sure a "blocked attempt" qualifies for an infection, but good to know Avast covered your backside :D
Here I agree that it's not really an infection. I tried to edit the config, but only the message after it is editable.:(

I

illumination

Well, actually 90% of problems with PC I have it's the overloaded config and experiments with it. :D

Same here, most problems i have encountered were from testing lol..

Here I agree that it's not really an infection. I tried to edit the config, but only the message after it is editable.:(

One of the staff members can help you out with editing your config, for the time being they are the only ones that can.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello, You have put your OS as Windows Ultimate, which Windows would that be? You should use Windows Defender (in Windows 10, 8.1 and 8) or Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7, Vista and XP) as it will work WITH CF and MBAM :)

Solarlynx

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Hello, You have put your OS as Windows Ultimate, which Windows would that be? You should use Windows Defender (in Windows 10, 8.1 and 8) or Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7, Vista and XP) as it will work WITH CF and MBAM :)

Sorry I really didn't mention I have Windows 7 Ultimate. To use MSE???:D Really? Actually it worked with any other security apps when I tried it, but no, thanks. :)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Sorry I really didn't mention I have Windows 7 Ultimate. To use MSE???:D Really? Actually it worked with any other security apps when I tried it, but no, thanks. :)
Sorry I should've explained better, what I meant is you could add it to extra protect you, you do not need mega protection because CF and MBAM will block anything MSE/WD misses...

Solarlynx

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Sorry I should've explained better, what I meant is you could add it to extra protect you, you do not need mega protection because CF and MBAM will block anything MSE/WD misses...

Thanx, I got you correctly from the beginning - to make CF + MBAM + MSE combo. Anyways I don't want "the baseline" AV. I would add Avast or Panda Cloud free or Zemana AntiMalware beta.

Last edited:

Solarlynx

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Hello @Solarlynx !

I would suggest you to enable OS File Reputation,
Thank you. I must be rather ignorant if I don't know what's this OS File Reputation and how to enable it. Could you throw me a link with explanations?

As for HTTPS Everywhere I actually have it in my Google Chrome. Sorry I didn't mentioned it (already fixed).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.