Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Soluto – Anti-Frustration Software

The Problem

Using a PC can be a deeply frustrating experience.
We have all come to expect our computers to be sluggish or unresponsive at times, for no apparent reason.

Unless you’re a power-user, you probably don't know what’s causing the frustrations, those moments where some mysterious process is hogging your PC’s resources. Even if you are a power-user, it can take quite some time to pin-point the causes.

The Solution

Soluto’s goal is to bring an end to the frustrations PC users encounter.
Soluto developed technology that tackles this problem from two different directions:

Frustration detection

Our patent-pending low level driver technology detects when you’re frustrated by your PC and tells you which application is causing it.

Power of the crowd

Soluto harnesses the power of the crowd to learn which actions really eliminate frustrations and improve user experience, and leverages this user wisdom for the benefit of all PC users.

By using Soluto’s software, you’re putting a whole community of PC power-users at your desk to help you improve your PC experience.

PC Genome

Soluto's PC Genome is a knowledgebase of PC frustration data built automatically through the usage of Soluto software. Its objective and statistical information, gathered and analyzed by Soluto, is also editable by the community.

By sheer exposure of this information, Soluto will help software vendors to start prioritizing the user by designing products with a smooth, frustration-free user experience in mind.

I made a gallery on Minus with some Soluto screenshots:

I also uploaded the pictures in a zip folder, in case Minus "dies" like many other file hosting services. Soluto Screenshots.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The software is in beta but a useful application for anyone who wants a fast bootup.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
it's a nice tool for noobies but the there are other effect way to make your pc boot faster. When I used it I felt that my pc was slower than usual.

This is one way to "tweak" windows by disabling HKEY that can be done manually without getting annoyed (I find it annoying when I see it each start up otherwise I like the concept and the idea :) )

Regards,
Valentin N

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Soluto is a pretty nice piece of software, if only for the fact that I'm such a geek I really love to look at the boot time history that it keeps. :blush:

I had already pared my boot down to only the necessary processes, so it couldn't really recommend anything to speed up my boot.

Note though, that for whatever reason, your first boot after installing Soluto is going to be longer than subsequent boots. So don't despair when your boot seems to be taking longer than usual, because it is. Reboot again and you'll see your normal boot.

I also have it exit after boot, so I really haven't used the "My computer just frustrated me" functionality of the software.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I remember trying this software out and I second Valentin, To me it caused frustration because of it caused slower start up even after using it for multiple days HeffeD.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Hmm...it didn't slow my startup much. And besides, I used it to delay-start some heavier programs I didn't need to run at boot.

Soluto itself says that it take only 5 seconds. That isn't too much.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I found this software to be more frustrating than good and you can't always remove programs from start, if they haven't been analysed by them. Memory usage isn't that great either, I think they made the product to complex.

Tested on Windows 7 in VirtualBox.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
stormgtr said:
I found this software to be more frustrating than good and you can't always remove programs from start, if they haven't been analysed by them. Memory usage isn't that great either, I think they made the product to complex.

Tested on Windows 7 in VirtualBox.

I can see your point. The GUI is a bit too "busy" or animated. Many things cannot be removed, or only are "potentially" removable. But I wonder if it would be more helpful for "newbies".

D

Deleted member 178

it is very useful for newbies. but for people on this forum (if they are here, they are more than newbies or they will be no more newbies) it is useless. i tried it once just to check my boot time and see its usefulness; i rather use services.exe and msconfig.exe to disable useless processes and services at startup.

just my opinion.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I disagree, (imo) it's junkware. For new or experienced users this software is a waste of time.

A better solution is StartUpLite.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
I find it funny that a program designed to make startups quicker must startup itself therefore slowing the startup...so unless a less experienced user I don't think it is overly useful.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I think it has its uses. I actually love its startup time history chart.

I guess I'm a bigger geek than most. ;)

D

Deleted member 178

i have a friend who always complains about her start up time, i installed it and show her how it works, she was happy like she win the lottery ^^

for very very beginners, it is useful. for others msconfig.exe haha

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I won't use it but I don't think it is all bad. Most people are not aware that new startup items are added by the software they install an even if they do, they don't know how to remove it. However I would like a tool that doesn't run at startup itself. Soluto probably has a bigger database of useless startup items than StartUpLite (I'm not sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.