Solve this problem? "This site can't provide a secure connection"

Carl C.

Thread author
Oct 31, 2017
An error appears when my nephew tries to opens up his game on a tab in Google Chrome:

This site can’t provide a secure connection
www.roblox.com sent an invalid response.
  • Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I would like to know what to do in this situation, on another note the link to the tab was "Login - Roblox" and a friend of mine told me to remove the 's' in "https". The tab responded with a blocked message:

Website Blocked
  • Your organization's policy prohibits access to this website.
  • Return to the page you were previously viewing.
    _070b477a624cc7af3141ea5078edb869-png.jpg
    78631b6b37d226580817a723f1ef259d.png

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
An error appears when my nephew tries to opens up his game on a tab in Google Chrome:

This site can’t provide a secure connection
www.roblox.com sent an invalid response.How to Fix Google Chrome Error - ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
  • Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I would like to know what to do in this situation, on another note the link to the tab was "Login - Roblox" and a friend of mine told me to remove the 's' in "https". The tab responded with a blocked message:

Website Blocked
You can try some of these tips:
How to Fix Google Chrome Error - ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Hope it helps!!

Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
It's quite possible that Roblox has the problems, similar to UltraSurf at the same time - look in this yesterday MT topic: Q&A - ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR - solution

So I experienced the same thing yesterday, and the solution is to have a little patience to wait for the probable problems of your VPN - proxy to be solved (3 hours here).

The wound will heal if I do not move, the time cured everything, as we said here...:)

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 65228

Your organization's policy prohibits access to this website.
This is likely the cause of the problem? Are you using a system which does not belong to you, or do you happen to have Sophos installed on your system?

If it has absolutely nothing to do with Sophos, try loading the website on another web-browser or even another device and see if it can successfully load then.

Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Sadly, the link did not help.

Neither did the advice @Prorootect gave me.

Carl, so it's Chrome native problem! Change to Firefox (Pale Moon ..) to see these error websites, like me

PS. I changed my proxy to SkyZIP proxy Chrome extension, that's all. Look on my new topic about this proxy soon .. now

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.