[SOLVED] Can the notification be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
This gets a bit annoying, since I regularly go to the New Posts page and it shows up each time:

[attachment=7]

Plus, something like it appears when I post or submit anything. Could we have the option of disabling it?

Attachments

• 2011-02-25_170154.png
    2011-02-25_170154.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 590

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
RE: Can the notification be removed?

LaserWraith said:
This gets a bit annoying, since I regularly go to the New Posts page and it shows up each time:

Plus, something like it appears when I post or submit anything. Could we have the option of disabling it?
It's annoying, so it'll never go away. :biggrin:

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

elliotcroft said:

I think I found the option to disable it: User CP > Edit Options > Uncheck "Show friendly redirect pages."

Edit: Yes, this works. Yay!

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011

LaserWraith said:
elliotcroft said:

I think I found the option to disable it: User CP > Edit Options > Uncheck "Show friendly redirect pages."

Edit: Yes, this works. Yay!
Friendly but annoying.
+1 Rep

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

I forgot to remove that option from members profiles so I can give it back at as a Reward for reaching 50000 Rep. :blush:

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011

bogdan said:
I forgot to remove that option from members profiles so I can give it back at as a Reward for reaching 50000 Rep.
Well I guess we have it stuck off now, then.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

bogdan said:
I forgot to remove that option from members profiles so I can give it back at as a Reward for reaching 50000 Rep.

I think sometimes this level system might upset newbies enough to make them leave. :p If they know others have privileges they don't, and they have to work a lot to get them. Kind of hard joining if you start at the bottom.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011

LaserWraith said:
bogdan said:

I think sometimes this level system might upset newbies enough to make them leave. :p If they know others have privileges they don't, and they have to work a lot to get them. Kind of hard joining if you start at the bottom.
I agree. :great:
Some things are okay to keep off limits to lower users but you have to go ages without having some (rather minor, considering how much you have to work for it) privilege.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

The privileges that you currently get after having a certain number of posts, referrals, etc, are sort of okay, but if the distance between older and newer users becomes to great (older ones being able to do a lot more than newer), it will have a detrimental effect.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011

I think that people shouldn't have to be here for one day before they get member privileges. Going 24 hours without being able to view a profile is really annoying.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

elliotcroft said:
I think that people shouldn't have to be here for one day before they get member privileges. Going 24 hours without being able to view a profile is really annoying.

+1 I agree.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

We can allow newbies to view profiles but I won't allow them to comment in the profiles since they can spam other members. Just a notice: profile comments are public...everyone can see them so don't post personal info there.

Anything else?

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011

bogdan said:
We can allow newbies to view profiles but I won't allow them to comment in the profiles since they can spam other members. Just a notice: profile comments are public...everyone can see them so don't post personal info there.

Anything else?
That would be a lot better.
Not quite sure of anything else.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

Thanks for your suggestions.

The "Friendly redirect pages" are currently disabled globally. If they ever get re-enabled you can always edit the setting from your Control Panel:
Go to User Control Panel -> Edit Options. Under "Other Options" category un-check "Show friendly redirect pages".

Registered Users are now able to view profiles. The ability to comment on profiles is reserved for higher groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.