Troubleshoot some issues in Registries ? i guess!

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Hi guys.

i'm facing to a problem in my windows, a week ago i go to this direction User> Appdata > temp
in temp folder i did a Ctrl+A and then press Shift+Delete :D ( i wanted to do an optimizer's job manualy : )) )
well first everything was Ok but after some hours i got that i cannot open my pdf files, when i try to open them i got this error > Invalid value for registry
and also default music player in windows 10, won't open and show the same error > Invalid value for registry

i guess i hurt something in my system ! : )))

hope you can help me ;)

Best Regards,
Parham

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hi guys.

i'm facing to a problem in my windows, a week ago i go to this direction User> Appdata > temp
in temp folder i did a Ctrl+A and then press Shift+Delete :D ( i wanted to do an optimizer's job manualy : )) )
well first everything was Ok but after some hours i got that i cannot open my pdf files, when i try to open them i got this error > Invalid value for registry
and also default music player in windows 10, won't open and show the same error > Invalid value for registry

hope you can help me ;)

Best Regards,
Parham
Let me guess "no restore point created before starting" ? That would be the easy way.
Try DISM it may be the "next" fastest way short of reinstalling the OS ;)
DISM "how to" DISM Image Management Command-Line Options

Upvote 0

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Let me guess "no restore point created before starting" ? That would be the easy way.
Try DISM it may be the "next" fastest way short of reinstalling the OS ;)
DISM "how to" DISM Image Management Command-Line Options
i have system image backup but its for 25 days ago... this DISM whats its job? will i loss my information..?

there is not any easier way? a software for fix registry issues?..

Reactions: aragornnnn
Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
i have system image backup but its for 25 days ago... this DISM whats its job? will i loss my information..?

there is not any easier way? a software for fix registry issues?..
There is no "Easier way" if you want a half-ass sloppy, risky solution, you may want advise from someone else.
The best and safest is to let Microsoft fix it, and No you will not loose anything using DISM its a MS tool.
Go to the link I posted in the original reply and read up, do your homework now so you can fix your mistake. Taking the 90 sec beforehand to create a restore point would have saved you some headache.
Good luck ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hi guys.

hope you can help me ;)

Best Regards,
Parham

Appears to be some form of file association corruption. While deleting the temp files might seem connected to the issue, there is no definitive proof that it is the cause.

Just a suggestion for your consideration:

• Run CCleaner registry cleaner
  • Reset the system's file type associations for PDFs and music files

How to Quickly Fix Windows File Type Associations

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.