While uninstalling AVG
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Hello Parkinsond,
Correct. Expected bheavior.
I would have tried 2), but I wondered if 1) would have worked given the ASR rule, and I don't think 3) would work well since Revo would have executed the normal uninstallation procedure and run into the same rule.Here's how you can address it safely:
I would have tried 2), but I wondered if 1) would have worked given the ASR rule, and I don't think 3) would work well since Revo would have executed the normal uninstallation procedure and run into the same rule.
I would have tried 2), but I wondered if 1) would have worked given the ASR rule, and I don't think 3) would work well since Revo would have executed the normal uninstallation procedure and run into the same rule.
Uninstalled AVG using Windows settings, and icarus_rvrt.exe is part of AVG and is not a system tool to be blocked!I would have tried 2), but I wondered if 1) would have worked given the ASR rule, and I don't think 3) would work well since Revo would have executed the normal uninstallation procedure and run into the same rule.
I had a similar block before while trying to install Realtek audio driver.Correct. Expected bheavior.
But this is not "Block abuse of exploited vulnerable signed drivers" rule; it is "Block use of copied or impersonated system tools" one.Users are better off using MS Vulnerable Driver Blocklist. Some ASR rules are FP prone.
What @oldschool - I think - is saying is to disable that ASR rule.But this is not "Block abuse of exploited vulnerable signed drivers" rule; it is "Block use of copied or impersonated system tools" one.
Hey Sorrento,
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes