Advice Request Some program like MCshield for usb protection?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorcav123

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 22, 2018
I had MCshield (little tool that scan usb) for a couple of years, yesterday I noticed that it hadn`t update signatures for a long time, I guess that program is not active anymore.

MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool::

Any recommendation for similar program?

Reactions: bribon77

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I still use MCshield, even without updates it still catches potential threats very well.

Otherwise I'll just leave the detection to my AV

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
Using MCshield on 3 different systems and it is still best in terms of Usb's viruses. No updates in a while but it still works perfectly. Memory usage is minimal to nothing.

lorcav123

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 22, 2018
Many of the AVs already has this feature.

You can also use the free USB Disk Security

Provides 100% protection against any virus via USB drive, flash memory, thumb drive, pen drive, ipod and more.

I believe it comes with a PUP

This program have generic names, not a major brand. In that case better stick with Avast???

I still use MCshield, even without updates it still catches potential threats very well.

Otherwise I'll just leave the detection to my AV
Using MCshield on 3 different systems and it is still best in terms of Usb's viruses. No updates in a while but it still works perfectly. Memory usage is minimal to nothing.

Last signatures are from 2016, in antivirus world that seems too big difference/catastrofe for me. ONe more thing, when I put sd card form android box to my PC MCshield always gives me this warning:

> K:\System Volume Information
> K:\System Volume Information\WPSettings.dat (MD5: cf77dd76f49134cd7c442b1ed533b5b1)

>>> K:\System Volume Information - Malware (folder) > Deleted. (18.09.21. 23.37 System Volume Information.430096)

=> Malicious files : 1/1 deleted.
=> Malicious folders : 1/1 deleted.

Dangerous?

When I disable mcshield Avast doesn`t report anything. Firmware on andorid box is custom, I download it from here, it is not official (no official release, that box has no update anymore, shitty support):

Download Android Marshmallow 6.0 for Tanix TX3 Pro TV Box - China Gadgets Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.