Troubleshoot Something happened to my pc or i am paranoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
hh
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
no
Hi.
Hello.
PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Today i was using laptop when i was in bed. And accidentally my laptop fell off the table to ground.
Table looking something like that:
stainless-steel-restaurant-table-500x500.jpg

Laptop is fine. But i want to ask about my main pc. Pc is on the floor 2 meters away from that table. Nothing happened to pc? Or i am paranoid?
Only laptop fall to the ground from table. Pc is on the floor 2 meters away from table. Thx

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
The only way we will know is if you go your main PC and switch it on.

Please report back what happens, has we all want to know if your main PC is ok.

I will also recommend a PC Hardware related forum for you to join. You will get more replys to hardware related issues there.

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
laptop crashing to the floor, two meters away from the PC, would do anything to the PC?
If your computer has a hard drive rather than a SSD. It's possible for the hard drive to sustain damage if it is dropped. I recommend you download and install the trial version of Hard Disk Sentinel. It reads the drive's own diagnostic data and will instantly tell you if there are any problems.

Upvote 0

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
If your computer has a hard drive rather than a SSD. It's possible for the hard drive to sustain damage if it is dropped. I recommend you download and install the trial version of Hard Disk Sentinel. It reads the drive's own diagnostic data and will instantly tell you if there are any problems.
Highly unlikely since HDD cans stand over 350G shock impact. If the HDD was in the Laptop then he should check that out.

If there is a HDD in his PC although not stated in his Specs and it turns out to be damaged it probably was damaged long ago.
I would also be surprised since almost all new motherboards have S.M.A.R.T readings enabled in the BIOS which is what HDS will use to
check the drives health status. (Unless this option was disabled in his BIOS)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and roger_m
Upvote 0
L

Local Host

So many plastic pieces can easily break from a fall like that, you should send the laptop to a repair shop to check the inside.

Also a fall like that would easily damage a HDD while running, so fingers crossed you using SSD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wat0114

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
As you mentioned in your original post, your PC is on the floor 2 metres from the point of contact where your laptop fell to the floor, and you asked if your PC is okay. I don't see how on earth your main PC could have sustained any damage whatsoever. As others have stated, it's your laptop you should be most concerned about, to say the least, although you say it's fine.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Laptop dropped to the <carpet> from the table. Its fine. Its working. Nothing happened with laptop.

My PC is on the floor 2 metres from the point of contact where my laptop fell to the floor<carpet>.

So nothing happened to pc? Sorry i am worrying too much.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.